Author Topic: Help with family name : Bennett  (Read 3120 times)

Offline PabloC

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help with family name : Bennett
« on: Tuesday 29 May 07 22:14 BST (UK) »
Hi, I was wondering if anybody could offer any help or advice...

I've not been researching my family tree all that long...about two months, but I've not done too bad, and have managed to identify all lines of my family back to the 5th Generation, and some back to the 6th. However I'm somewhat stuck on the line with the above surname.

I'm really struggling to obtain any real info on my Great-grandfather Joseph Bennett, born in 1895/6, and can't seem to find a likely entry in the 1901 Wales Census. My family know very little, other than he was born in Wales, Swansea to be precise and "he lived by 'The Mumbles'.

I've sucessfully obtained a copy of his marriage certificate from 1920 to Mary Hughes, which confirms his approximate age and his relocation to Liverpool. It also states that he was a Ship Maker's Labourer, and that his father was also Joseph Bennett, a Steel Worker.

Furthermore, he fought in, and survived WW1, and I've not had any luck in finding his details on the War Pension Database. He was however poisoned by Mustard Gas, which left him in ill health until his death around about 1930ish.

I would have thought that this was quite a decent amount of information from which to find something more than I actually have!!

Any ideas on any other avenues I can pursue?!

Paul

Moderator comment: duplicate post - if you can help please reply on the Glamorgan board

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,235713.msg1267505.html#msg1267505

Arnold - Liverpool
Bennett-Co. Down, Ireland
Clisham-Liverpool/Ireland
Cox - Shropshire/Flintshire
Cuddy - Liverpool/Ireland
Dunne - Co. Laois, Ireland
Glue -Sussex
Guest - Staffordshire
Hughes - Co.Laios, Ireland
Jordan - Co.Down, Ireland
Lancaster - Cumberland
Manion - Liverpool/Galway, Ireland