Author Topic: Montgomery, Milford, Donegal-Completed  (Read 2646 times)

Offline lil growler

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Montgomery, Milford, Donegal-Completed
« on: Wednesday 30 May 07 11:10 BST (UK) »
I am new to this ancestry hunting and any expert advise is appreciated. I am looking for any information or advice obtaining, in regards to George Montgomery, born in 1873, Milford, Co Donegal.
His father, George also and mother Mary Mc Elhinney/Mc Helleney. No birth or death dates for the parents. George sr was a farmer. George jr was a masons labourer and crane driver.He married Mary Bett in Strathmigco, Scotland on June 4th 1897 and later they migrated to New Zealand, where I believe they entered in the port of Wellington. I make this assumption based on their child Ronald Glen Montgomery being born in Wellington on 22 October 1916 and that would be my granddad. Im slowly learning about the counties, barony's and provinces and my research is hindered by my lack of knowledge on how to obtain information regarding my relatives. If anyone has the time to help me out I would be so pleased because so far I keep hitting a brick wall. Anyway many thanx in advance.
Ireland, Scotland , England, America, Australia, New Zealand

Offline mossy

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Montgomery, Milford, Donegal
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 30 May 07 16:39 BST (UK) »

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Offline mossy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Montgomery, Milford, Donegal
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 30 May 07 16:42 BST (UK) »

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Offline Jdevenney

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Montgomery, Milford, Donegal-Completed
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 13 October 18 15:36 BST (UK) »
hello.  read your post. i believe that we may be connected somehow. my great grandmother(on my mother’s side) was jane montgomery daughter of george montgomery and mary mcilhenny They were both Donegal farmers. jane was born in 1862 and emigrated to philadelphia, pa. I have soft information handed down to me from relatives that she had a montgomery relation who emigrated to New Zealand and also that somehow she was somehow  related to field marshal montgomery. beyond that, i don’t have much.

i do have a lot of dna information that i would be happy to share with you.

john devenney

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Montgomery, Milford, Donegal-Completed
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 12:16 BST (UK) »
donegal resources

Milford is in parish of Tullyfern

http://www.donegalgenealogy.com

family search

http://www.familysearch.org