Author Topic: Derry City Cemetry records look-up please  (Read 4378 times)

Offline gill

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Derry City Cemetry records look-up please
« on: Thursday 31 May 07 14:37 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am wondering if any kind soul would be able to look up records at Derry City Cemetry.
I have very little detail to go, and do not have any ideas as to when they might have died.
I am looking for John McGaffigan and his wife Annie McNulty both born circa 1856. I know that in the 1880s they lived at  27 Orchard Row, Londonderry as this is where their son James was born.
On James's marraige cert (1909), there is no mention of his father being deceased, so I am thinking it possibly both deaths would have been after 1909.
The surname McGaffigan may be recorded with or without "Mc", as McGavigan, Geoghegan, even as Mgavaghan.
Sorry its not a lot to go on. I have not had access to a 1901 or 1911 census to see if they were alive in 1901 / 1911, or where they might have been living , if not still at Orchard Row. When John married Annie in 1877 he was resident at Fahan Street, but his children were born in Orchard Row. The family were RC

Perhaps some one might be able to help. Have been banging my head against a brick wall with this lot for years.

regards Gill
Anderson in Ireland - Renfrewshire
Skene / Skean/ Skeen in Midlothian
Dow in Stirling, midlothian, Renfrewshire
McIlmoil / McIlmoyle in Antrim, Renfrewshire
McGaffigan / McGavigan, McNulty, Murphy Kennedy Hogg and Gamble in Londonderry
Paterson / Patterson, Eaglesham / Eaglesome in Ayrshire
MacPherson , MacLeod, Gillies in Sleat, Invernesshire
Cornfoot, Hogg, Grubb, Ramsay, Auchterlonie in Fife
Neilson, OHara, Baillie in Paisley