Author Topic: WOOLERTON  (Read 4665 times)

Offline wildgoose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
WOOLERTON
« on: Saturday 02 June 07 14:56 BST (UK) »
Anyone resarching the WOOLERTON family ???
All information taken from my personal database compiled from original sources - Crown Copyright acknowledge as stated.
Family names:SPINK (WRY), GOODWIN (DBY), PRATT (SCT & WRY), WILDGOOSE (DBY), STRETTON (LEI & DBY), MARTIN(ANS), NICOLL(ANS), McKENNA(TYR), STRAIN(DON), WALLACE(FIF), RAE(STI), PENMAN(STI) & CAPPIE(ELN).

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WOOLERTON
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 April 12 23:17 BST (UK) »
 :) :) :)Hey wildgoose
hows you whent coalville libary tuesday afternoon found the book on the woolertons and found out that they are on my mums side of the family ,my aunt evelyn cooper born 1902 markfield married an oxford from ellistown , and a elliott john from whitwick born 1826 he married alice geary cooer 1858 markfield  dau of elizabeth and charles cooper 1834 markfield  the book has all of the family trees in the back of it john elliott died march 1907.the book is by a pat Hamilton she is a relative of the woolertons ,the title is  a leicestershire family  from 1540
Danone

Offline wildgoose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 14 April 12 01:13 BST (UK) »
Wow that's amazing...I posted the original message 5 year ago!  The WOOLERTONs are my direct ancestors.  They married into my main family the STRETTONs also from Whitwick.  During the course of my research I found that the STRETTONs had been a Catholic family.  I am now trying to find out if they were converts in the 1840s or if they had remained Catholic throughout the reformation.

I can email you my WOOLERTON information if you wish and would be interested in obtaining a copy of the book you mentioned.  You can contact via email below.
Cheers

David STRETTON

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
All information taken from my personal database compiled from original sources - Crown Copyright acknowledge as stated.
Family names:SPINK (WRY), GOODWIN (DBY), PRATT (SCT & WRY), WILDGOOSE (DBY), STRETTON (LEI & DBY), MARTIN(ANS), NICOLL(ANS), McKENNA(TYR), STRAIN(DON), WALLACE(FIF), RAE(STI), PENMAN(STI) & CAPPIE(ELN).

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 15 April 12 17:51 BST (UK) »
 :) :) :)Hi dave modearater
removed email from here but will say my phone is in the phone book under markfield lane and woolman we acn talk better that way and can give email that way ,john elliott married alice geary cooper she the dauof elizabeth and charles cooper  on my mums side of the family ,we knew that most familys where related due to them working together in the pits and farming ,the villages wehere so small back then and every knew each other ,charles was born 1900 barlestone and elizabeth was born 1810 stanton under bardon her side of family worked for the grey family at sir thomases house on the way in to leicester from field head Markfield ,there was was a village in bradagate park ,where the resvoir is now and they got moved out and put else where ,the house was called stewards hey ,i have all the paper work from the people whom owned it theres not much left only where the stables used to be ,but one is allowed in i have asked if i could but was turned down ,The geary familyonce owned a farm called stock heys which was given to wiiliam for all his hard work he had given sir thomas grey and thats what im researching at the moment and thats  when i found out about the elliotts from whitwick ,havent fond his mum and dad yet only that he was born 1826 whitwick and married 1858 mrk bos reg dis  to alice geary cooper
thanks
Danone
 try putting the name in Google .the lady who did the book is a relation to the woolertons

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 25 April 12 20:01 BST (UK) »
 :) :) :)Hi
dswildgoose
your welcome mate hope you can get the book that i told you about ,i have found the banded  together book about the whitwick  pits as well and the elliott family are in that as well still trying to work his family now and who his mum and dad was ,john elliott born 1826 whitwick ,in the book there is a headstone with sarah jane Elliott died 12th of april 1898 wife of john elliott  he died in the colliery diseaster,jane was 43 years old so im thinking this could have been our johns parentsIhavnt come across many more Elliotts in whitwick .john elliott aged 43 years occupation shifter 22nd april
Danone

Offline wildgoose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 26 April 12 20:34 BST (UK) »
Still haven't found the book mentioned...but
1 Samuel ELLIOTT
----------------------------------------
Birth:   1824, Whitwick, Leicestershire
Death:   1893, Ashby de la Zouch, Leicestershire
Death Memo:   1893, 4th qtr., Deaths Index, ELLIOTT Samuel, age 69, Ashby de la Zouch, Vol 7a, Page 82
Occ:   Framework Knitter later Bag Hosier (Employing 4 Men & 1 Boy)

1851 Census recs.
Dwelling: Dumps Road
Census Place: Whitwick, LEI
Samuel ELLIOTT, head, marr., 27, Framework Knitter, LEI, Whitwick
Priscilla A Smelt ELLIOTT, wife, marr., 28, Straw Bonnet Maker, LIN, Epworth
Margrett A ELLIOTT, daur., 3, LEI, Whitwick  
Robert ELLIOTT, son, 1, LEI, Whitwick  
1861 Census recs.
Dwelling: Dumps Road
Samuel ELLIOTT, head, marr., 37, Framework Knitter, LEI, Whitwick  
Presilla A Smelt ELLIOTT, wife, marr., 39, LIN, Epworth
Margaret A ELLIOTT, daur., 13, Framework Knitter, LEI, Whitwick    
Robert ELLIOTT, son, 11, Scholar, LEI, Whitwick  
Caroline ELLIOTT, daur., 1, LEI, Whitwick
Sarah G SMELT, daur. in law, unm., 16, Seamer, LEI, Whitwick  
1871 Census recs.
Dwelling: Cademan St.
Census Place: Whitwick , LEI
Saml ELLIOTT, head, marr., 47, Framework Knitter, LEI, Whitwick  
Priscilla Ann Smelt ELLIOTT, wife, marr., 49, LIN, Epworth  
Margret Ann ELLIOTT, daur., unm., 23, Framework Knitter, LEI, Whitwick    
Robert ELLIOTT, son, unm., 21, Framework Knitter, LEI, Whitwick  
Caroline ELLIOTT, daur., 11, Scholar, LEI, Whitwick  
Ann Thresa STRETTON, servant, unm., 19, LEI, Whitwick
George MEAKIN, visitor, unm., 25, DBY, Cheleston
1881 Census recs.
Dwelling: Cademan St.
Samuel ELLIOTT, head, widr., 55, Bag Hosier (Employs 4 Men & 1 Boy),  Whitwick, LEI
Robert ELLIOTT, son, marr., 31, Framework Knitter, LEI, Whitwick
Ann Stretton ELLIOTT, daur. in law, marr., 29,  Housekeeper, LEI, Whitwick
John W. ELLIOTT, gson, 7, Scholar, LEI, Whitwick    
Annie ELLIOTT, gdaur., 5, Scholar, LEI, Whitwick  
Alice ELLIOTT, gdaur., 2, LEI, Whitwick  
Rebecca ELLIOTT, gdaur., 1 month, LEI, Whitwick
1891 Census recs.
Dwelling: Cademan Street
Samuel ELLIOTT, head, widr., 67, Framework knitter, LEI, Whitwick
Robert ELLIOTT, son, marr., 41, Coal miner, LEI, Whitwick
Ann Stretton ELLIOTT, wife, marr., 39 LEI, Whitwick
John ELLIOTT, gson, 17, Coal miner, LEI, Whitwick
Rebecca ELLIOTT, gdaur., 10, Scholar, LEI, Whitwick
Margaret ELLIOTT, gdaur., 8, Scholar, LEI, Whitwick
Samuel ELLIOTT, gson, 6, Scholar, LEI, Whitwick

Spouse:   Priscilla Ann SMELT
Birth:   1822, Epworth, Lincolnshire
Death:   1877, Ashby de la Zouch, Leicestershire
Death Memo:   1877, 4th qtr., Deaths Index, ELLIOTT Priscilla, age 55, Ashby de la Zouch, Vol 7a, Page 62

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 21 September 12 22:46 BST (UK) »
 :) :)hey wildgoose
i know coalville libary has it because i had out from there some back .thanks for the elliott list any way ,
there are two john elliotts
so it could be any one of them in my family tree he was born 1826 whitwick so it could be the great grandson,
Danone

Offline OZW

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 24 May 13 09:38 BST (UK) »
Hi,
 Sorry to hijack your thread but it caught my eye while I was looking around the internet for information on my family.
My Dad grew up in Coalville before moving to Australia in the late 1960's with his parents and siblings.
So far it has been an interesting search,thanks.

D.Woolerton.
Australia.

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 24 May 13 10:23 BST (UK) »
 :) :) :)hey wildgoose
hows you
yep i am  doing the woolertons been in touch with David and have is email and phone number so if i need to speak to him ,i can his side is my mums family the cooper family markfield the elliott family whitwick are related to his side of the family ,i had the book from coalville libary some time back and did a copy of the family trees out of it john ellitt born 1825 married alice geary cooper born 1834 markfield he married her in 1858 market bosworth reg dis .
Danone