Author Topic: 1841 Census Look-up Stirlingshire  (Read 1700 times)

Offline Children

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
1841 Census Look-up Stirlingshire
« on: Sunday 03 June 07 06:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone,

I am hoping that someone would be able to find on the 1841 census a "Margaret Dawson" born abt 1785 age about 56. Dawson is her married name.

Her son Benjamin Dawson was born abt 1825 and her daughter Helen was born abt 1831.

Their last know address from the 1851 census was Parish Clackman Old Sauchie Glen.

A Big Thankyou for all those who help!!!

Kind regards
Wendy

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Census Look-up Stirlingshire
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 June 07 07:28 BST (UK) »
Wendy,

I note that your DAWSON family has recently been posted on several threads.

This particular family is also on:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,236411.0.html

The address in the 1851 census is probably the county of Clackmannanshire, parish of Clackmannan, town of Sauchie.

You can look up census information yourself on the (pay per view - but charges are reasonable) site ScotlandsPeople at:
http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

You can also look up births/baptisms, marriages, deaths and wills there.

As Margaret was on the 1851 census (see the other thread), you can hope that she lived until the start of statutory registration in Scotland (1855).  Have you searched there for her death?  Scottish certificates can have a wealth of information.

Good luck,

JAP

Offline Children

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Census Look-up Stirlingshire
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 June 07 12:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Jap,

Thanks for the advice. I am a member of Scotlands People but unfortunately I ran out of credit, and I thought I would see if anyone out there could help. I will be getting some more credit at a later date.

I am helping my mum out with the Dawson side of the family in between studing, and going to work so at the moment I am just about brainless.

Thanks again

Wendy