Author Topic: Scott of Brownhead  (Read 5341 times)

Offline andrew shanks

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Scott of Brownhead
« on: Friday 08 June 07 18:11 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find out more about a man known as Scott of Brownhead who apparently had his estates seized by the crown after the 1745 uprising.  I have been led to believe that he had a son, who was born in a fisherman's cottage in 1745 - not sure where but I guess it could possibly have been nearby Bute or on the coast of Ayr?

Anyway, the unknown son born in 1745 is said to have settled in Devon where he prospered and built the family home, 'Outlands'.  He is alledgedly a direct ancestor of Captain Robert Falcon Scott the famous explorer who perished at the South Pole in 1912. 

If anyone has any information about Scott of Brownhead or his son I would be very pleased to hear from them.

:)

Ireland: Arlour, Arlow, Hammond, Hannah, Shanks, Templeton

Scotland: Allan, Black, Carlyle, Corkingdale, Fleeting, Grant, Hammond, Hannah, Kirkwood, Lothian, McFarlane, Main, Neilson, Shanks, Sneddon, Stirling, Wood

Sussex/Hampshire/Surrey/London/Kent: Beagley, Champion, Clark, Douch, Earl, Jones, King, Ladyman, Ley, Pattenden, Peskett, Pink, Readings, Standen, Stonestreet, Windiate