Author Topic: Pretty map of Man  (Read 3566 times)

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
Pretty map of Man
« on: Tuesday 07 December 04 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Here is a small scan of a pretty 1835 map of the Isle of Man. If members would like to PM me their email addresses I will send them a better quality scan [it is from our stock at www.southernprints.co.uk].
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Pretty map of Man
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 December 04 12:22 GMT (UK) »
thanks for the map its great
audrey

Offline DeCe

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 31 August 09 10:12 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I would love a copy please.
I am looking for information related to a William Christian who married a Rebecca Corkhill in Maughold on the 30th April 1833 and your map is dated 1835 so that is close.
Many thanks,
David Christian, New Zealand
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 31 August 09 12:18 BST (UK) »
I cannot send any attachments by a PM. You need to send your email address to victor[at]southernprints.co.uk

Moderator Comment: e-mail edited, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please replace [at] with @

Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 01 September 09 21:36 BST (UK) »
The map is the Bingley/ Moule map of 1833 - see http://www.manxnotebook.com/maps/mapslist.htm - if you are tracing ancestors then the 1868 6inch O/S map is better as names 99% of farms (this is online I believe) - there is modern 1:25000 digital Rights of Way map available from many IoM bookshops that has the detail required - today's footpaths often reflect the tracks of early 19th C
any thing with a Manx Connection