Author Topic: 1901 Census - RG13/3651 Lancashire  (Read 832 times)

Offline Catherine

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
1901 Census - RG13/3651 Lancashire
« on: Tuesday 07 December 04 18:28 GMT (UK) »
If anyone has access, could you please have a look at RG13/3651 Lancashire. I have the person I want William Anglesey age 35 born Chester, Cheshire, but not sure on the address, cannot read the writing.  If anyone can read it for me I would be grateful.

Thank You

Catherine   :)

Offline bekahsgran

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 Census - RG13/3651 Lancashire
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 December 04 19:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi
To me it looks like either:
62 Prestslee or Prestolee Road, Outwood

Anne
<br /><br />Websdale, Jillings, Lovett, Savage, Egmore, Seymour, Graves, Hustler, Stannard<br />in Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire<br />Condrit, Condrat, Condrut, Tyler, Hunter and Evans in NSW Australia

http://www.tilneyallsaintsonline.org.uk
Local History for TILNEY ALL SAINTS, Norfolk<br /><br />Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cheryle.f

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Good job they all stayed in one place!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 December 04 19:41 GMT (UK) »
  Hi Catherine.....at first i copied  it onto some paper but that made things  worse, so i then thought it said pustolu but that looked ridiculous so i went onto an old maps of Lancashire site and found...

Maps of Lanashire1840-1912

village between Pendlebury and Prestwich was called Prestolee. The enumerators 'e's look like 'u's but if you look at the page before on the census you can just make out on the 're'after the 'P' more clearly.Think thats about as near as i'm going to get.

regards cheryle.f
mussellwhite, musselwhite,curtis, grey or gray,bundy,moody, lawrence  and now Webb   in wiltshire,hampshire and dorset.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline Catherine

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 07 December 04 20:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi! Anne and Cheryle,

Thank you so much for this, I can now enter it into my tree now, as I was not sure, but you have both helped.

Thank you

Catherine   :)