Author Topic: 1841 Norfolk lookup  (Read 9615 times)

Offline Molly Mop

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Norfolk lookup
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 10 June 07 22:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Ricky
No I think it is more likely from the !851 details you found that he was dead already and the details were not right on the marriage cert.  Thank you so much for your help.
Mary

Offline ricky1

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 10 June 07 22:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary
Your welcome, just sorry I carnt see Johns parents

ricky
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Harby,Garton,Drury,Duncombe,Booth,Catton,Barker, Kirkby, Wilson. Lincolnshire, <br />Also Murkin's, Jeffery,Pettitt,Carter, from Suffolk/Cambridgeshire boarder<br />Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline WADG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 13 November 13 10:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am on a quest to find the burial plot of my great grandfather Abel Adcock, he died on the 13th of November 1914, death cert says living at Podmore, and informant was living at Bushy common, at Gressenhall, he was married to a Mary Ann Everritt on the 2nd January 1859 at the British School rooms at Holt, the 1911 census has him down as living at Podmore, his father was called Richard, but he died before the 1841 census, as it shows Abel living with his mother Ann a widow, his brother Richard and sister Mary.
Many thanx
Charmaine

Offline WADG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 04 December 13 22:59 GMT (UK) »
 There was a Richard Adcock convicted of stealing from a shop in Lincoln on the 14th January 1841 age 37 he was sentenced to 7 years transportation to    Tasmania on the vessel “the John Brewer” setting sail on the 1st December    1841 then transferred to “the Fortitude” and finally to the    Waterloo who was drowned on the sailing vessel “the Waterloo” at the Cape of good hope on    August 28th 1842. This would account for him missing from the 1841 census and yet no record of his death. Abel Adcock was my Great Grandfather.

Offline Alwina

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 05 December 13 12:18 GMT (UK) »
Looking through births early 1800's there is a Edward Perry Piper Sands and a Edmond Perry Piper Sands both listed as fathers can't find either anywhere else at the moments
Kemp. Bloom. Reynolds. Saul. Norfolk
Cathie Durham.Ireland.London
Walker. London
Cutts. Rawlinson. Suffolk
Langmead. London Dorset. Cornwall

census information Crown Copyright.
from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline WADG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 18 August 14 13:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Richard Adcock, Marys father died in 28/1/1840 aged 38, Ann her mother also known as Sarah Ann, died in 7/5/1889, Mary Sands registered her mothers death with her mark, they were living at Sharrington, Norfolk at the time.

Mary Ann Adcock married  John Sands on the 1st September 1850 at Brinton, she was 19 years old.

At the 1881 census she was living in Sharrington with her husband John, and their 5 children Edward age 22, Elizabeth age 18, Joshua age 16, Celia age 9, John Johnson age 8. They all worked as farm/field workers. Other known children born are Harriet, Edmund John both christen along with Elizabeth and Joshua in 1864, Sarah 1855, Mary Ann and Charlotte Elizabeth 1854.

The Richard on the 1841 census, is Richard and Ann's eldest son, Abel is my great grandfather.

Offline WADG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 18 August 14 13:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Richard Adcock, Marys father died in 28/1/1840 aged 38, Ann her mother also known as Sarah Ann, died in 7/5/1889, Mary Sands registered her mothers death with her mark, they were living at Sharrington, Norfolk at the time.

Mary Ann Adcock married  John Sands on the 1st September 1850 at Brinton, she was 19 years old.

At the 1881 census she was living in Sharrington with her husband John, and their 5 children Edward age 22, Elizabeth age 18, Joshua age 16, Celia age 9, John Johnson age 8. They all worked as farm/field workers. Other known children born are Harriet, Edmund John both christen along with Elizabeth and Joshua in 1864, Sarah 1855, Mary Ann and Charlotte Elizabeth 1854.

The Richard on the 1841 census, is Richard and Ann's eldest son, Abel is my great grandfather.
Modify message

Offline Molly Mop

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 28 March 16 12:25 BST (UK) »
Thank you very belatedly for your help as I moved and changed my email address and have not logged in for a couple of years.  I am a descendant of Sarah Sands who was my great grandmother and daughter of Mary Ann Adcock who I guess is my great great grandmother.   I am very grateful as now I can fill in a few missing details
Regards  Molly Mop

Offline Molly Mop

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 28 March 16 12:56 BST (UK) »
Did you actually find a death record for Richard Adcock in 1840 as I can't see one on BMD?  Many thanks
Molly Mop