Author Topic: David Mitchell Ramsay & Descend.  (Read 1342 times)

Offline Dave Murphy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
David Mitchell Ramsay & Descend.
« on: Monday 11 June 07 10:49 BST (UK) »
David Mitchell Ramsay married Isabell S Young (born approx 1892) in Wallacetown 31.12.1917. He passed away 15 .7.1965.- at the Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh
He originally lived at 67 Gellatly St, Dundee. Seeking ANY information on them and their decsendants
Thanks for taking the time to read this
Dave Geelong Aust

Offline Betty Boo

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: David Mitchell Ramsay & Descend.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 June 07 00:40 BST (UK) »
Hi David,

I will give you a help to start you off but you should register on Scotlands People website and you will be able to find him in the 1901 census with his parents and siblings.  He was in fact born in Dundee in 1891, I have saved the image from Scotlands People of the birth details so if you give me you e-mail address in a pm I will send the image to you.
David Mitchell Ramsay was born on 25th May 1891 in 67 Gellatly Street, Dundee his fathers name was John Guild Ramsay and his mother name was Lavinia Ramsay nee Allardice and they were married on 28th June 1885 in Dundee.

Now if you want any more information Scotlands People charges £6 for 30 credits and you can search the 1891 and 1901 census for all the family.

Elizabeth

Offline Betty Boo

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 12 June 07 03:29 BST (UK) »
Hi again David,

I forgot to mention a close friend of mine whom I went to school with and just lives beisde me now used to live in Gellatly Street in the 1940's.

At the moment one of the two Job Centres in Dundee is there but the area across the other side has been completely changed but there is an area further up that is still about the same as it was way way back, just a small section though.

Elizabeth

Offline Dave Murphy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 12 June 07 13:35 BST (UK) »
Thankyou for you quick response. My main concern is trying to contact any descendants

Offline Ann Baker

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Truth will out! (Finding it another matter!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 30 June 07 15:48 BST (UK) »
Hi David

With the info Elizabeth has provided you should be able to find his marriage on Scotland's People - the cert will have his parents names on.

However as it is certain that any children born have to be after 1906, Scotland's People won't help with that because you can't view them on line after that date (is 1931 for marriages and 1956 for deaths). BUT you can view everything up to present date at a GROS site in either Edinburgh or Glasgow.

If you are not local is a good idea to post a look up request once you know who he married.

Ann

Torrens, Thompson - Tyrone & Fermanagh,Connolly, Campbell - Monaghan & Cavan, McGovern, Carroll, Orr - Ireland <br />Connolly, Fulton, Stirling, Cameron, McKellar, Robertson, McGovern, Torrance, Bisland, Fraser, Hamilton, O'Hara, McAusland, McTaggart , Lambie, Twedale, Hart, Clark(Paisley/Barrhead/Glasgow)<br />McGovern, Liddell - Falkirk<br />Mair, Muir, Carroll, Stewart, Law, Orr - Lanarkshire <br />Torrance - Brisbane<br />Connolly , Robertson- NSW<br />McGovan(?), Robertson , Agnew-