Author Topic: RILEY FAMILY - Scotland to Nova Scotia  (Read 5249 times)

Offline Troy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
RILEY FAMILY - Scotland to Nova Scotia
« on: Tuesday 07 December 04 23:22 GMT (UK) »
Could anyone please help me find a Margaret Ada Riley or a Riley family entering Canada sometime between 1859 and 1880.
Margaret Ada Riley was born Scotland c.1859/60.  Her father's name was Edward James Riley.  With the help of kind people I have found Margaret's marriage to my g.uncle Wm Thos Bailey.  He and Margaret married at The Garrison Chapel Halifax on 22 Sept 1880.  Any help at all would be very much appreciated.
Thank you. Jan
I am researching Bailey, Newlyn, Welch, Pickering,Clarke, Broad, Burch, Parkes, Power, Nickels, Coulter, Delieu, Walker, Huxstep, Padgen, Inglis, McCartney, Crawford.
The areas are: Woolwich, Plumstead, Bexley, Portsmouth, Eltham, Paddington, St. Pancras, Middleton Norfolk and any connection with Bailey and Royal Artillery

Offline Josephine

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Photo: Beardstown, Illinois
    • View Profile
Re: RILEY FAMILY - Scotland to Nova Scotia
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 April 05 03:44 BST (UK) »
Troy,

Does the marriage record for Margaret RILEY and William BAILEY give her residence?  That might provide a clue as to where her family was living, if they immigrated with her to Nova Scotia.  Was her father living at the time of the marriage?

Regards,
Josephine
England: Barnett; Beaumont; Christy; George; Holland; Parker; Pope; Salisbury
Scotland: Currie; Curror; Dobson; Muir; Oliver; Pryde; Turnbull; Wilson
Ireland: Carson; Colbert; Coy; Craig; McGlinchey; Riley; Rooney; Trotter; Waters/Watters