Author Topic: 1861 Census Name Index for Halifax now online  (Read 3707 times)

Offline adamhalifax

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1861 Census Name Index for Halifax now online
« on: Wednesday 08 December 04 08:36 GMT (UK) »
At last the 1861 census index for Halifax, Yorkshire, is online to search at www.1861census.co.uk . I want to thank everyone on RootsChat for their interest and messages of support.

This site has been developed to provide access to the 1861 census. The database currently contains a full index of Halifax, Yorkshire. We will soon be launching other areas in Yorkshire with Bradford and Leeds coming soon.

You can search for free the following information: Full name, year of birth, and the area/township the person lived. You can also check who lived along with each person you search for. This search engine works very well and provides accurate results to make it simple to find your ancestors.

We also need people to help with the indexing. If you have access to the 1861 census for Yorkshire and can spare a few hours for indexing, I’d would love to hear from you. If you have already indexed data for any part of Yorkshire, please contact me too.

Thanks,
Adam
Smith (Lincs), Crossley, Wadsworth, Jowett, Wilson (Finningley), Kershaw (Manchester), Swainson, Robinson, Holmes (Darley), Robertshaw, Thorp, Elliott, Daveney (Norfolk), Crabtree, Exley (Clayton West).