Author Topic: HANCOX discussion  (Read 3357 times)

Offline Shizara

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: HANCOX discussion
« Reply #9 on: Friday 05 March 10 20:35 GMT (UK) »
I have some Hancox searching on the boil but thwarted by names well duplicated and without knowing exactly where they were born it makes it a tad more difficult.  But, in case they appear in anyone's tree:

I have a marriage certificate for William Moody. born c1883, cycle machinist living in Coventry, son of John Moody, tailor.  He married Agnes Marie Hancox, born c1884, living in Coventry, daughter of George Hancox who was deceased before the couple married.  The marriage took place in 1905, Coventry.
KILLEY, MULCARE, FAIRCLOUGH, GRIFFITH, BREADNER, Lancashire, England.
BROOKS, COLE, PURCHASE, MAY, LITTELL, HOWELL, MULCARE, CANE, East London, England.
DALRYMPLE, HANKINS, BAKER, HERBERT, HICKSON, COOK, South Island, New Zealand.
LENNOX, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
LENNOX, DAYE, BROWN, Berkshire, England.
THOMSON, Carrickfergus, Ireland.
DALRYMPLE, Midlothian, Scotland.
GODDARD, Saffron Walden, Essex
RAYMENT, Epping, Essex
WALKINSHAW, Walthamstow, Essex
BEANEY, Walthamstow, Essex

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Neilybap

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HANCOX discussion
« Reply #10 on: Monday 04 July 16 19:49 BST (UK) »
Hi iv a Hancox in my family tree,Martha my great great grandmother  her father was William Hancox and mother I believe was Agnes. Her brother was also William who died at the age of 16 and is buried in Hunningham. I have a a small note from his funeral which states he died on the 19th off October 1902. Martha went on to marry Albert Edward hunt in leamington spa in 1887/1888 and then moved to Northern Ireland in 1900s and Had one daughter called Ethel.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.