Author Topic: Looking for my Aunt........  (Read 3500 times)

Offline nancie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Looking for my Aunt........
« on: Saturday 13 March 04 05:00 GMT (UK) »
Last month I discovered my father had a sister who has never been mentioned in my family. :'( Her name was Dora WADSWORTH born Dec. qtr 1911 registered in Barnsley district, Country of York, England.)  I have been informed that there was a marriage of a Dora Wadsworth to Joseph W. Carter in the Dec. qtr Leeds District 1936.  This lady may or may not be my aunt who married this fellow.  Of course I'm hoping she is and that someone reading my post will be able to help me find her.  OR at the WILDEST of MY DREAMS  :) someone will read my post and be a family member.  I'm not expecting too much am I???  :)

It's really important to me to find this lady and her descendants.  I realize she may be gone, but if she had children I would love to meet them............If anyone has any information that may help me I would be so grateful.............Thanks for reading my post...........Nancy
Surnames: Wadsworth; Chipchase; Hakin (Hagen?); Peel; Willis
Areas of Research:  Yorkshire; Northumberland; Somerset, Wedmore

Offline Welsh Jen

• Dyfal donc a dyr yr garreg!
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re:Looking for my Aunt........
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 20 March 04 21:01 GMT (UK) »
Your best bet would be to put a posting on the Uk Look up site, which houses similar missing persons (adoption and likewise) the link is: http://www.lookupuk.com/main.html I will also send you a message offboard with all the electoral roll info in that region which may be of help to you.

Regards and hope you find her.
Jen :)

Offline nancie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 March 04 13:43 GMT (UK) »
 ;D Thank you very much for the link.  Nancy
Surnames: Wadsworth; Chipchase; Hakin (Hagen?); Peel; Willis
Areas of Research:  Yorkshire; Northumberland; Somerset, Wedmore

Offline RootsChat

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • RootsChat Administration
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 21 March 04 17:41 GMT (UK) »
Dear Nancy,

It may also be worth contacting a local newspaper such as the Yorkshire Post which covers Barnsley and Leeds.

The local newspapers normally carry a section "Where are they now?"

This may help incase the family moved out of the area.

RootsChat  :)
Broken Links: Please report to us of any links that no longer work, or ones that are no longer appropriate by clicking the "Report to moderator" link on the message. Thanks! Get Poster