Author Topic: Where did they go ?  (Read 1985 times)

Offline Ann Baker

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Truth will out! (Finding it another matter!)
    • View Profile
Where did they go ?
« on: Sunday 17 June 07 19:57 BST (UK) »
Hi all

I am trying to find out what happened to Janet Brown (nee McKellar) and Henry Brown and their children. They married in 1874 in Paielsey Renfrewshire.

The 1881 census shows the mother with her 2 daughters Jane and Henrietta living with their grandparents. No sign of dad!.

However I cannot find a death certificate on Scotland's People for any of them which suggests to me they went abroad.

If anyone  has acess to immigration records and can have a look for me I would be very grateful.

Henry born around 1850 and Janet same. he was a wood turner.

Thanks

Ann

Torrens, Thompson - Tyrone & Fermanagh,Connolly, Campbell - Monaghan & Cavan, McGovern, Carroll, Orr - Ireland <br />Connolly, Fulton, Stirling, Cameron, McKellar, Robertson, McGovern, Torrance, Bisland, Fraser, Hamilton, O'Hara, McAusland, McTaggart , Lambie, Twedale, Hart, Clark(Paisley/Barrhead/Glasgow)<br />McGovern, Liddell - Falkirk<br />Mair, Muir, Carroll, Stewart, Law, Orr - Lanarkshire <br />Torrance - Brisbane<br />Connolly , Robertson- NSW<br />McGovan(?), Robertson , Agnew-

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Where did they go ?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 February 08 06:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello Ann,

Have you had a look at www.findmypast.com/migration.jsp The records on this site, which cover the period 1890-1960, detail over thirty million passengers leaving the UK on long-haul journeys.

Christopher

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 20 February 08 02:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ann,

Seems they are living in Mass. USA together in the 1910 US Census

Henrietta is married to Andrew Muirhead and her parents Janet and Henry Brown and her sister, Janet ? are living with them.

Henry and Janet say they immigrated in 1882.

Karen
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!

Offline Ann Baker

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Truth will out! (Finding it another matter!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 20 February 08 18:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi
 :) :) :)

Christopher - many thanks for that site!

Karen - Oh ta! you're a star I knew they had to have emmigrated but question was where.

Ann
Torrens, Thompson - Tyrone & Fermanagh,Connolly, Campbell - Monaghan & Cavan, McGovern, Carroll, Orr - Ireland <br />Connolly, Fulton, Stirling, Cameron, McKellar, Robertson, McGovern, Torrance, Bisland, Fraser, Hamilton, O'Hara, McAusland, McTaggart , Lambie, Twedale, Hart, Clark(Paisley/Barrhead/Glasgow)<br />McGovern, Liddell - Falkirk<br />Mair, Muir, Carroll, Stewart, Law, Orr - Lanarkshire <br />Torrance - Brisbane<br />Connolly , Robertson- NSW<br />McGovan(?), Robertson , Agnew-