Author Topic: Waterman - Essex, London & Yorkshire  (Read 16452 times)

Offline WatermanEssex

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Waterman - Essex, London & Yorkshire
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 09 February 10 15:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kathy W
 My grand mother was a Waterman, her father was born in Bromley by Bow, but his father Charles came from Ingatestone Essex born about 1819. His father according to his marriage certificate was . George Waterman a baker. I wondered if you had any information  on Charles or George. There is also a William Waterman born 1808 in Ingatestone who coud be Charles brother.If you have any information i would be grateful as I am stuck. Waterman Essex

Offline darealjolo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 17 July 10 16:11 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have Waterman's in my family and i am searching on them. I seem to have a few elusive members in my family. My question is my Great Grandad was William John Waterman but the surname Askew comes into it also but im not sure how. Do you have the surname Askew in your tree/ Some of mine are also from Poplar and areas around.

Joanne
Askew, Barnard, Carr, Coulstock, Herbert, Lowe, Pumfrett, Stuckey, Waterman

Offline Brzozka

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 17 July 10 17:10 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have Waterman's in my family and i am searching on them. I seem to have a few elusive members in my family. My question is my Great Grandad was William John Waterman but the surname Askew comes into it also but im not sure how. Do you have the surname Askew in your tree/ Some of mine are also from Poplar and areas around.

Joanne

That name does not appear in the line I am researching. All of mine are from Walthamstow from about 1800 onwards. What dates do you have for William John Waterman (birth, marriage etc)

Offline WatermanEssex

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 18 July 10 14:36 BST (UK) »
Hello Joanne
I have not got the name Askew in my tree. My Great grandfather was John Abraham Waterman born in Bromley By Bow in 1853 ,his father was Charles and his mother was Mary Ann Buck and they married in 1846. All the children were born in Bromley by Bow. Jane Amelia,Mary Ann, John, William Alfred.Katherine,Charles, Mary Ann and Emma and theylived in the Poplar area  for some time
 Regards Susan

Offline WatermanEssex

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 18 July 10 14:50 BST (UK) »
Hello Brozoka
 I do not have William Waterman on my tree but the person whose message you quoted does.
The only mention I have of William Waterman is on the marriage certificate of Charles Page Waterman  and Mary Ann Buck in 1846  at St Mary Stratford Bow and he was a witness. I have found a William Waterman born in Ingatestone Essex about 1808 is this your William?  Charles Waterman was born in Ingatestone Essex as well so I wondered if they were related.
Regards Susan

Offline Brzozka

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 18 July 10 17:27 BST (UK) »
The William I have was born in Walthamstow. Before that, they seemed to come from around Hatfield, Essex

Offline darealjolo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 19 July 10 15:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Susan,

Thankyou for letting me know.

Joanne
Askew, Barnard, Carr, Coulstock, Herbert, Lowe, Pumfrett, Stuckey, Waterman

Offline csquared55

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 01 February 20 05:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi - I read your post and I thought I should send you a note to see if there is any connection with your Waterman roots. My 3d great grandfather was William Waterman from Hatfield Broad Oak. He married Mary Ann Burwood. I look forward to hearing back from you. Sincerely, C.

Offline WatermanEssex

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 02 February 20 17:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello csquare55,

My great grandfather was John Abraham Waterman , born 1853 in Bromlely by Bow, his father was Charles Page Waterman, born 1818 in Ingatestone. He was the illegitimate son of Jane Waterman and James Fordham . Jane Waterman was born in Ingatestone in 1797, parents Joseph Waterman and Susanna, 4th great grand parents. I cannot find a marriage for them, but both are buried in Ingatestone.

I think his parents were Joseph Waterman and Rebecca of Hatfield Broad Oak, but cannot find a baptism for Joseph Waterman, 4th great grand parent to prove this. Joseph Rebecca Abraham and William seem to be family names  that go back to Watermans of Hatfield Broad Oak, again not clear proof.

I am not sure where William Waterman and Mary Ann Burwood fit in the Waterman tree

My Waterman line lived in Bow, Poplar and on Isle of Dogs, but John Abram Waterman, eventually moved back to Essex, living in several places, and finally living in Maldon as police inspector.

Not sure how helpful this is for you

Waterman Essex