Author Topic: Waterman - Essex, London & Yorkshire  (Read 16471 times)

Offline Martin17

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Waterman - Essex, London & Yorkshire
« Reply #9 on: Monday 28 July 08 20:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Louis

Thank you for your contact. My only interest in the Waterman line is that I believe William Waterman married Elizabeth Warwick, which is the family I am researching. I only have William and his two daughters recorded and that is about the extent of my Watermans. Sorry I could not be of more help. Good luck with your research.

Regards

Martin 17
Warwick- Farnham Essex, Pelhams, Hadhams & Bishops Stortford Hertfordshire, Lee Kent.

Offline Brzozka

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 28 July 08 21:28 BST (UK) »
The William Waterman I am looking for married a Harriett Wheeler

Thanks for the reply anyway, and good luck with your research!

Yours

Louis Brzozka

Offline KathyW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 29 July 08 18:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Loius,

Thanks for contacting me. Was it you who sent me a message on ancestry.com and rootsweb? If so then it saves me repeating myself!!

Our trees do connect although I am uncertain how at the moment. I am moving house in the next couple of weeks so all my paperwork has been packed away, sorry! Once I have settled in and unpacked I will be more than happy to share any information you're interested in though.

Have you ever been in contact with a lady called Sandra Siseman? She is more closely related to your branch of Waterman's and I can put you in touch with her if you like.

Best wishes for now, Kathy.
In Dorset: Clare, Clark, Ford.<br />In Essex: Fewell, Searle, Waterman.<br />In Lincolnshire: Blackburn, Hardy.<br />In London: Wiggins.<br />In Nottingham: Foster.<br />In Wales: Davies, Price.<br />In Yorkshire: Crabtree, Greenwood, Needham.

Offline Brzozka

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 29 July 08 20:13 BST (UK) »
I have not contacted her, and if you could provide contact details, I would very much like to contact here.

Thanks for your help

Louis Brzozka

Offline WatermanEssex

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 06 September 09 13:06 BST (UK) »
Hello
I am looking for my great grandfather's family. He was John Abram waterman b1853 in Bromley Bow Middlesex. His father was Charles born 1815/19 in Ingatestone. According to his marriage certificate his father was George and a witness was William Waterman who may have been a brother as in the 1851 Census a william Waterman was born in Ingatestone. John Abram moved to various places in Essex and died in Maldon in 1941. I have information on his 15 children. I wondered if you had any information on these Watermans. Happy to share my information
Thanks Waterman Essex

Offline Brzozka

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 06 September 09 13:34 BST (UK) »
Hi

Having a look on the tree I have, all of my Waterman's are from the Hatfield area north of London, so it doesnt seem to be immediately obvious that there is a link

If you find any more information a bit further back, we may be able to make a link!

Offline WatermanEssex

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 06 September 09 19:19 BST (UK) »
Hello
 Thanks for reply. Hope I can get further back.There seem to be Watermans in different parts of Essex Hatfield Broad Oak ,High Easter, Springfield/Chelmsford as well as Walthamstow West Ham and Poplar so there must be a link somewhere! WatermanEssex

Offline axeer

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 08 February 10 17:32 GMT (UK) »
hi  i am researching the waterman line and have got  ISAAC WATERMAN 1658 at  HATFIELD BROAD OAK  HERTS  then it comes down through his son ISAAC 1687,   ISAAC 1721,   ROBERT 1750,
GEORGE 1779, WILLIAM 1806,  JOHN 1829,  to MARY WATERMAN 1844 who married a HENRY KING 1853,  to ALBERT KING 1876,down to my nan FLORENCE KING 1899. hopefully this is the line that you are looking for, i have a lot of other watermans on my tree which is with Genes Reunited please get in touch if this is so
                            regards
                                       lesley

Offline WatermanEssex

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 09 February 10 15:10 GMT (UK) »
Hello Axeer
 I think we have different branches of the Waterman family. I would be interested to look at your tree. Mine is on Ancestry if you wish to look  Waterman Essex