Author Topic: Completed:1930 census  (Read 2767 times)

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1930 census
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 20 June 07 19:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks to both of you for trying to help.

I will have to put Maud to the back of the queue for the time.

Offline LAH

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 13 August 07 19:12 BST (UK) »
I don't know who she was working for in 1930. Unfortunately although she sent a couple of letters to her family they tore off the return address!

Took a look at the 1927 immigration and she was still working for the Porter Chandlers then. Why isn't there an address for that family but other's on the manifests have addressess?

SSDI haven't any information as far as I can see.
Maud was born in 1888 but is listed as 31 on the 1923 manifest.

What information is needed for the SSDI. Would she have needed a birth certificate?

Hi Marryanne-
Just a quick couple  notes on this older subject.. of yours
1- The SSDI- does not list all the people who have past on in the USA, nor does it list all those who have/had Social Security Numbers.
The SSDI- only list those who are past on- that drew off of their Social Security Funds.  So, your Maud may have had a Social Security Card /Numbers, but never used it for her income .
It is a good place to check- but- does not hold it all..  :'( sad for us who seek
I hope that helps you.

2- You noted that your family torn off the address, is the postal stamp readable , usually the post office stamps next to the stamp the letter has on it ,if so that should tell a town area for her. It may contain such as NY but numbers that could be zip code numbers. You may want to check that out . Just a thought.

Smiles from Michigan
LAH
HUDSON,- BARRATT- BLYTHE - SCOTT- SMITH Yorkshire> Ontario, Canada > Michigan USA

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 13 August 07 23:41 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your help.

I will have to see if there are any envelopes with the letters. If there are I hope that the post mark is clear.

Mrs. Porter Chandler lived in Genesee? New York according to the manifest.