Author Topic: 1871 and 1891 census, Alderney - name: MESNY  (Read 19557 times)

Offline KatG

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 and 1891 census, Alderney - name: MESNY
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 28 August 12 06:37 BST (UK) »
Philip DeQ Mesny is my great great grandfather.  He married Emma Mary Tully.  They had two children named Reginald Barbenson Mesny who is my great grandfather and Dorthea Mesny.  Reginald(Rex) Mesny is my great grandfather.  He had married 4x.  I do know for a fact until I have further proof that he married illegally two times after my great grandmother Betty Blake.  Rex and Betty Mesny had two children Mary Elizabeth (my grandmother) and Philip R. Mesny.  Dorthea Mesny never married but became a lawyer in L.A. which is unheard of for a female lawyer back in those days.  Mary E. Mesny married Donald I. Prickett and they had three children (all alive) Philip R. Mesny married Dorothy J. Yarbrough. 

I hope this is helpful.  I have been researching the Mesny.  If you have any questions, please ask away!
KatG

Offline Yoz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 04:32 BST (UK) »
Hi, Are you still researching Kat?

Have you found out anything new? I have recently begun research again myself but not much further on regarding Giffard Mesny, I've no idea where he might have died or been buried.

Sue

Offline mrnz2014

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 17 September 19 05:53 BST (UK) »
Hello Sue

My name is Ian Martyn, founder and director of Medals Reunited New Zealand, a FREE voluntary service dedicated to reuniting war medals that have been found, with descendant families of the recipient.

I was recently sent a WW1 medal, the 1914-15 Star, named to Stephen O. MESNY, son of Phillip and Margaret S. MESNEY.  Stephen served as a Private in the Royal Army Medical Corps in France before becoming ill.  He was then transferred to the Royal Engineers (Sapper) and employed until 1917 in the Railway Transport Workshops repairing railway trucks.

I am is to get this medal to a near descendant of Stephen MESNY.  There are no fees or charges for my service - I meet any costs related to postage etc.

I would be most appreciative of your guidance in this matter.  Further information regarding my work can be seen on my website.

Please feel free to email your reply as it is easier to use than this link.

Kind regards,

Ian

I. D. Martyn
[Maj. Rtd, NZ Army]
Medals Reunited New Zealandİ
PO Box 8034
Nelson Mail Centre
Nelson 7042
NEW ZEALAND

M: +64-27-940-4495
T:  +64-3-546-7728
E: medalsreunitednz@gmail.com