Author Topic: Ashendon BMD's Lookups - EWERS  (Read 4427 times)

Offline ScotsbabeAnnie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Ashendon BMD's Lookups - EWERS
« on: Saturday 23 June 07 22:44 BST (UK) »
Hi I have extensive family in Ashendon and surrounding areas Can someone have a look at the parish records for birth death and marriage details for me please. Many thanks

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ashendon BMD's Lookups Ewers Surname
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 June 07 22:59 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I expect you have already seen these?

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=igi/search_IGI.asp&clear_form=true

PS ... don't think that works as I'd hoped ... just enter the surname Ewers, leave the first name blank, select "all" bdm's and select the appropriate details from the boxes in the bottom row. There are a lot of entries for Ashendon.

Offline ScotsbabeAnnie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ashendon BMD's Lookups - EWERS
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 June 07 17:20 BST (UK) »
Hi, Yes I have done all the searches i can on Familysearch.com and on Free bmd Ancestry.com etc plus on vital records and on just about every census we can get our hands on but still there are missing Ewers births deaths and marriage, I'm sure they are all related some where along the line even though they are all across the country, and just when you think your giving up on something another one comes. Thanks I think it is quite exciting to be research a name that alot of people are also researching. Genealogy is Fascinating!!!!

Offline JLo

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 11 July 07 21:26 BST (UK) »
Welcome to the confusing world of the Ewers of Ashendon.  I haven't looked at mine for a long time (they send my head into a spin!), but am willing to do so again if you let me have more info of what you're looking for.  I have a transcript of the Ashendon Parish records which covers BMD's 1590-1901 for St Marys Church.  Also have a couple of contacts somewhere of other people related to the Ewers.

Julie
PS Mary Ewers b1810 was my gg grandmother
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Marshall, Beeson (Herts)
Lo(e)wenthal,Kavanagh, Maxam (London, Birmingham)
Harrisson, Matthews (London, Essex)
Poulton, Philbrick (Essex)
Guest, Timmins (Staffs)
Raynes/Ryall (Ireland, Birmingham)
White (Bucks)
Gunn (Scotland, Lancs, Essex)
Ison (Tamworth, Birmingham, USA, Canada)

Offline ScotsbabeAnnie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 16 July 07 16:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Julie Nice to have someone with information, well firstly if you have it i need the marriage of Jonathan Ewers to Elizabeth Blake, Jonathan was born 1816 in Ashendon to Edward Ewers and Elizabeth Ball, I also don't have his entire birth/christening yet either that would be a great start but any and all related Ashendon births/christenings/marriages or deaths for the Ewers+families would also help I know its a huge task and only when you have time you can always email me at

Moderator Comment: email address removed to prevent spam and other abuses. Please use the secure personal message system to share email addresses and other personal material. Thank You

with bits and pieces. Where on earth did you manage to get the transcripts for Ashendon? Many thanks to you looking forward to hearing from you soon Annie :)

Offline JLo

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 17 July 07 16:49 BST (UK) »
A quick bit to start you off/confuse you further....
Jonathan Ewers did indeed marry Elizabeth Blake, but this is not the same Jonathan Ewers who was born in 1816 to Edward and Elizabeth  :o ::) ???
baptism: 10 Mar 1816 Jonathan Stephen son of Edward and Elizabeth Yewars (Ewers) of Ashenden, Labourer
marriage: 6 May 1844 Jonathan Stephen Ewars, signs Jonathan Stephen Ewers, of full age, bachelor, Labourer of Somers Town, son of Edward Ewars, Labourer
Elizabeth Sanders. of full age, spinster of Ashenden, daughter of William Sanders, Labourer
Witnesses Joseph Figg, Martha Figg

The other Jonathan Ewers:
marriage: 03 Jan 1825 Jonathan Ewers, bachelor of the parish
Elizabeth Blake of Winchendon, Bucks
Witneesses ...X Ewers, Sarah Ewers
I think this Jonathan is the son of Jonathan & Ann Ewers and was christened on 17 Sep 1798, but I'll need to find all the Ewers bits I've got.

There are over 200 entries for the Ewers in Ashendon, so you'll have to excuse me if you get a bit at a time  ;D
I'll probably email you the parts of the tree I've done - when I've found it  ???
Julie

PS The transcripts came from the Bucks Family History Society.  I also have nearby Chearsly which has some Ewers in it too!

Marshall, Beeson (Herts)
Guest, Timmins (Staffs)
White (Bucks)

Offline ScotsbabeAnnie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 23 July 07 18:17 BST (UK) »
Hello, Many thanks for the Ewers marriages and births looking forward to receiving more, yes i had realized that there seems to be quite a few of them, can I ask you if you can have a look for children of Robert Ewers and Elizabeth ?, at the moment i only have one which is Richard born 19 Jan 1734 Ashendon this seems to be about the furthest I can get back to, although there are other Ewers of that era with children just cant seem to tie them in anywhere, and im pretty sure they are all connected somewhere along the line. Many thanks I know its a huge task. Annie

Offline ScotsbabeAnnie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 23 July 07 18:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Julie, I had a look for Mary Ewers born 1810 on my Tree I have one to Thomas Ewers and Sarah Varney Is this your link, if so I have nothing descending from her if I could ask you to update me please Many thanks Annie

Offline JLo

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 24 July 07 12:19 BST (UK) »
I'll send you what I've got on my tree at the moment.  I've also got more although haven't yet linked them all into mine yet.  My Mary Ewers is one of the children of Jonathan (yet another Jonathan!) and Susannah/Hannah/Ann.  Mary is the sister of the Jonathan who married Elizabeth Blake.  Both my Mary and the other Mary you mentioned were christened in 1810.
My Mary went onto marry James White in Chearsley in 1838.

Unfortunately Robert and Elizabeth did not christen their children in Ashendon, so I haven't got any more than you on their family yet. :'(

I had forgotten just how complicated this lot are, and have remembered why I put all away to sort out another day  ;D ;D ;D

Julie

Marshall, Beeson (Herts)
Guest, Timmins (Staffs)
White (Bucks)