Author Topic: Looking for Healy, Ryan, Connor, Murphy  (Read 3663 times)

Offline GailB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Healy, Ryan, Connor, Murphy
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 07 July 19 06:56 BST (UK) »
Which company did you test with Gail?

I only have one good DNA match who also has all of the names in my first post in their tree, and this match is a second cousin once removed.

My ancestor Thomas Joseph Healy was born in New Ross, Wexford, however my Mary Jane Connor was born in Wexford, Wexford. I know her parents names and year of birth, but absolutely nothing else about her Irish roots.

It is likely that the names are quite common in Wexford.  :-\

Hi Ruskie

I tested with Ancestry, my sister and mother tested with FTDNA and a first cousin who is paternal as is John Connor.

I have just searched for public trees on Ancestry with Thomas Joseph Healy and Mary Jane Connor and found five. I am a DNA match with one but only 7cM across 1 segment.

All the accounts I just mentioned have gedmatch accounts and I have uploaded them all to MyHeritage.

Do you have a Gedmatch account?

Cheers
Gail
Armitage, Atherton, Barton, Beck, Bradshaw, Brumfitt, Chetwin, Conalty, Connolly, Connor(s), Davidson, Hilton, Hoey, Johnson, Jones, Knight, Lester, McDonald, Molyneux, Morris, Pownall, Rushton, Spark, Stanley, Tunstall, Welsby, West, Wharton, Williams, Wilson, Windridge, Windstandley

Offline lulutours

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 07 July 19 07:03 BST (UK) »
My ancestor, Thomas Joseph Healy, had nine children.  I’m descended from his daughter, Kathleen Mary, the second youngest, my maternal grandmother.

I’m now searching for my great, great grandparents Darby Healy and Anastasia Ryan.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 07 July 19 07:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Gail.

Yes I do have a Gedmatch account, but don’t really use it. (find it quite complex though I haven’t persisted)

I tested with FTDNA and also uploaded my raw data to My Heritage.

Maybe we can do a bit of cross checking? I’m not too good with finding my way around the world of DNA, but would be happy to have a try (but you might need to give me a bit of guidance).

Maybe best to do this privately via PM?

I will be signing off soon so might not be able to get back to you till later, or tomorrow.  :)

Offline GailB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 07 July 19 07:14 BST (UK) »
Thanks Ruskie

I just sent you a PM  ;D
Armitage, Atherton, Barton, Beck, Bradshaw, Brumfitt, Chetwin, Conalty, Connolly, Connor(s), Davidson, Hilton, Hoey, Johnson, Jones, Knight, Lester, McDonald, Molyneux, Morris, Pownall, Rushton, Spark, Stanley, Tunstall, Welsby, West, Wharton, Williams, Wilson, Windridge, Windstandley

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 07 July 19 07:20 BST (UK) »
My ancestor, Thomas Joseph Healy, had nine children.  I’m descended from his daughter, Kathleen Mary, the second youngest, my maternal grandmother.

I’m now searching for my great, great grandparents Darby Healy and Anastasia Ryan.

I am descended from their oldest child Cicely Teresa.

If you look at my opening post on this thread, you will see a link to another post. Have a look at that because it contains a bit more information.  :D

I am in occasional contact with one descendant. She has had contact with another one (or two), but unfortunately no one has any information about Darby Healy and Anastasia Ryan.

Can I ask if you have been in contact with any other descendants of Thomas Joseph Healy and Mary Jane Connor? I am wondering if you might have been in contact with the same person I have been in contact with?  :) She is a descendant if Mary Angela Healy.

Added: apologies for the overuse of the word “contact” .... I am feeling a bit lazy at the moment.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 07 July 19 08:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Ruskie,

Not sure if you have found Thomas’ baptism but there is one here - 15th August 1858
https://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000634103#page/235/mode/1up

Not much information though

Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 07 July 19 12:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Russkie,

Not sure if you have found Thomas’ baptism but there is one here - 15th August 1858
https://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000634103#page/235/mode/1up

Not much information though

Heywood

Thanks so much Heywood. No, I haven't found Thomas Joseph Healy's baptism. On marriage and death certificates his age points towards him being born in 1863 in New Ross, Wexford, though I have searched the parish records I have not located him, nor any other Healy baptisms either side of that year.

I heard from a distant cousin that Thomas had a brother called Michael. Presumably his is the 1862 christening mentioned by lulutours at reply #3. I didn't find that or any other Healy baptisms when I searched previously, so need to revisit I think.

The 1858 baptism looks very interesting though the year is a fair way out and there is no middle name. It is possible that this was an earlier child who died and this name was passed on to "my" Thomas. It could be worth looking for a death between 1858 and 1863ish.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 07 July 19 12:53 BST (UK) »
Sorry about misspelling your name -auto correct - not me  ;)

Yes, I too thought it might be an older child who died but also people often did add a name so who knows.
I just thought I would pass it on.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 07 July 19 13:02 BST (UK) »
Michael Heealy 30th March 1862 parents Darby and Anastatia ‘Rhine’

https://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000634103#page/271/mode/1up