Author Topic: worthing library  (Read 1942 times)

Offline kenandjulie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
worthing library
« on: Friday 29 June 07 09:08 BST (UK) »
Hello, can anyone help, is anyone going to worthing library, if so would they be so kind to look up the electoral roll for Amelia Wilson, I am trying to ascertain the length of time she spent in Worthing her address was
144 Lyndhurst Road, Worthing, Sussex.

Any assistance much appreciated

Regards Ken

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: worthing library
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 June 07 09:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Ken,

I live 10 mins from Worthing so I can go and look for you, however I am in Australia for another week and then have to recover from he jetlag!!

When was Amelia in Worthing? Can you give any more info about her so I can be sure I have the correct person, eg age, dob, people she may be living with etc.

Thanks
Legs
xxxx
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
NFK-Burton,Myhill,Fisher,Thompson
LNRK-Neilson,Dudson,Forrest,McNight,Paterson
WL-Williams

Offline rw007a6097

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 June 07 09:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Legs, Many thanks for you reply, time and trouble.
 she was born in Darly Abbey, Derby. 15th October 1863.

She came to worthing circa 1927 or perhaps a little later. She was a retired headmistress and a spinster
 By 1940 I know she has moved to Oxfordshire.

Many thanks again Ken

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 19 July 07 11:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Ken,

I am off to the RO tomorrow so I will post any information I find over the weekend.

Legs
xxxx
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
WL-Williams

Offline rw007a6097

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 12 August 07 10:37 BST (UK) »
hello! Legs, many thanks for your reply have just returned from Holls. Did you hjave any joy with electoral roll at the library?
 Many Thanks Kenxx

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 12 August 07 11:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Ken,

I searched the electoral role for that address from 1927 to 1940 but could not find Amelia at all.

Sorry.

Good luck with your search
Legs
xxxx
WL-Williams

Offline rw007a6097

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 12 August 07 12:25 BST (UK) »
Many Thanks Legs it is appreciated. i wonder next time you go to the library could you have a look  to see who was actually who was living at that address from 1927--1940.

Again many many thanks for your help KenXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 12 August 07 15:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Ken,

It doesn't actually specify the house numbers just the road, any number of people could have been living in that particular house I'm afraid.  Lyndhurst Road is quite long!!

Legs
xxxx
WL-Williams