Author Topic: SAUNDERS Family - Aylesbury/Chesham  (Read 2800 times)

Offline Jillie42

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
SAUNDERS Family - Aylesbury/Chesham
« on: Friday 29 June 07 17:29 BST (UK) »
I've got a family photograph which is a complete mystery. The photo (we think) is of my husband's grandfather - one Sidney Dilley but the wording on the back says

R.S Saunders. 1932. 7 Lundhurst Rd, Chesham.

As a result I got in touch with Buckinghamshire Archives and asked if there were any Saunders on the 1932 electoral register living at the above address. They came back with the following

Rose Saunders,
Elsie Elizabeth Saunders
Stanley Saunders
William Saunders
Winifred May saunders.

Sadly none of them appears to be R S saunders (unless it's Rose?)

I've looked on Freebmd and found births for Elsie - Aylesbury 1903 and Winifred - Aylesbury 1904 which would obviously imply they were sisters.

I can't find a conclusive birth for William or Stanley since they don't give a middle name.

Does anybody have these people in their tree? Does anyone recognise any of the names?

I've searched the complete BMD registers to see if they was a birth, marriage or death in 1932 of an R S Saunders. I'm just mysterfied why there would be this photo with a name that doesn't seem related. Was a R S Saunders the man in the photo (it's a very small photo and very poor quality). So far it's our only lead is finding ot anything more about Sid. Sidney is the bald bloke on my family montage photo - if anyone recognises him let me know ::) ;)

If anyone is interested in reading the very complicated story of Sid Dilley it's here

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,226888.0.html
Eaton (Woughton on the Green, Doncaster and N. London), Davis(Shinfield and London), Harrington (Ireland and London), Sutcliffe (Todmorden and London), Williams, Hollingsworth (Thaxted), Lane (Rotherhithe), Fuller (Chesterton, Cambs), Dilley (who knows where????)

Offline Jillie42

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Saunders family Aylesbury/Chesham
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 June 07 17:37 BST (UK) »
I've just rechecked Freebmd and there is a REGINALD Stanley Saunders born Aylesbury 1906. Unfortnately it doesn't list the parents names so I can't tell if Reginald is a brother of Elsie and Winifred.
Eaton (Woughton on the Green, Doncaster and N. London), Davis(Shinfield and London), Harrington (Ireland and London), Sutcliffe (Todmorden and London), Williams, Hollingsworth (Thaxted), Lane (Rotherhithe), Fuller (Chesterton, Cambs), Dilley (who knows where????)

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: SAUNDERS Family - Aylesbury/Chesham
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 19:53 GMT (UK) »
Gro site shows that Elsie, Winifred and Reginald Stanley all have mmn Page so are likely to be siblings. Presumably Reginald Stanley is the R S Saunders in the photo.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: SAUNDERS Family - Aylesbury/Chesham
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi     

Did Reg S marry Ellen?     
[Reg S probate 1963 Chesham?]     

Did their son go to school in NW London?     

Ray

"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).