Author Topic: Gray family  (Read 32372 times)

Offline william james

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Gray family
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 01 August 07 21:08 BST (UK) »
Hi osprey
I now have the birth cert of Grace, and she was born on 22 march 1906, her father was Edward Henry Gray, her mother was Eliza Gray formally Vaughan, and the family was at 73 Kinglake street Newington. and Edward was a locksmith.
I have also sent for Edwards marriage cert to Eliza but under her name as his is misstranscribed.
I have also sent for the birth and death cert of Robert Henry Gray, which should all be here this weekend, fingers crossed.
William James
Rice, Sadler, Cocksedge, Mulley,from Suffolk. Minter, Smith, Holding, Warcus, from London.Courtney, Smith, from Dorset. Pearl, from Suffolk/ Hampshire.

Offline william james

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 01 August 07 21:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Gray girl
Sorry it has taken so long for me to respond but i have been on nights.
The more info i gather about this side of the family the more it looks like they where not travelling people at all.
So i don't think i will have any info for you on the people you seek.
William James.
Rice, Sadler, Cocksedge, Mulley,from Suffolk. Minter, Smith, Holding, Warcus, from London.Courtney, Smith, from Dorset. Pearl, from Suffolk/ Hampshire.

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 01 August 07 21:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Gray-Girl

Might be able to help if you can give any names further back? I know something of the Grays who travelled that area.

Offline Gray_Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 02 August 07 11:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Gray girl
Sorry it has taken so long for me to respond but i have been on nights.
The more info i gather about this side of the family the more it looks like they where not travelling people at all.
So i don't think i will have any info for you on the people you seek.
William James.
What do you mean? please could you elaborate???  many thanks

Offline william james

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 02 August 07 12:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Gray girl
The info that i have at the moment is that my Gray family are in Islington / Newington areas of London, i have this from the birth certs of 2 of their children.
I have sent for the marriage cert and will have Edward Henry Grays father from this.
I believe that the Gray family came from Norfolk but can't confirm this without the marriage cert of Edward, when i know Edwards father i can go back another generation.
But you must understand this is the family of a cousin of mine who i did not up to 6 weeks ago and i can not and will not post info on this family without i ask them first, if they do not want me to proceed then my hands are tied.
I am sorry if this is not what you want to hear but this is how i work.
It has to be there decision.
William James

Offline Gray_Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 03 August 07 10:35 BST (UK) »
Yes i understand, but is your info from the consus records?  If so you can find most of the Gray family history from www.rtfhs.org - I am looking for more recent history, my great great grandfather and mother.  I already know that my family are Romany Gypsies so what is the meaning behind 'they were not travelling people at all'?  I know about you not wanting to say.... can you give any clues :) :( please,

Offline Gray_Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 03 August 07 10:40 BST (UK) »
Hi again, I have re read all the replies and post again, and I think we are looking for two different families?

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 03 August 07 12:51 BST (UK) »
Gray girl if you followed the link to a site abt the grays on the rtfhs I wrote that site. I know a fair bit abt the midland grays but dont know of a stanley gray (only a stanley barron), and a cursory check of the census yielded no clues so I guess he was born after 1901?
If you have any earlier data, or If you can get his birth cert or even a marriage one which gives a fathers name, I might be able to help link you to the great family tree.

Offline william james

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 03 August 07 22:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Gray girl
Yes i think so too. I have spoken to my cousin and the names you put on the post are not familiar to them at all.
William James