Author Topic: KIRKPATRICK  (Read 1501 times)

Offline cilvrnum

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
KIRKPATRICK
« on: Monday 02 July 07 14:25 BST (UK) »
I wonder if there is anyone here with the name in their tree.  Unfortunately, I think I have as much information as I might anticipate finding, but I dont want to give up. 

I am looking for a birth in Liverpool of one David KIRKPATRICK based on his age at date of death in 1837, aged 54.  He died at 130 Park Lane, Liverpool, a Surgeon.  He was a master mariner when married in 1818.
He lived otherwise at Caldy, for a number of years where his children were born and he took them to the Bold Street Universalist for baptism.

I've had no luck in tracing his Mariners records nor anything linked with him being a Surgeon.  I am aware that early Surgeons were also barbers.

Would be interested if any one might have some new ideas:  I have information from the Polls, census etc

What I am needing is positive confirmation that he wasnt born in Lancashire in 1783 give or take a couple of years either way.

Any help appreciated

Offline jacquelineve

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: KIRKPATRICK
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 July 07 18:47 BST (UK) »
There are 3 baptism entries for D.k. between 1782-5 in
Scotland,

I.G.I.index www.familysearch.org.

Jackie.
Dudley Worcs:Ellis Durkin Oakley Rich Smith
Baggot Saunders Turner Williams Hobbs
Harts Hill: Baggot Wright

Tipton:Whitehouse (boatman) Timmins
Yorkshire:Littlewood Wilcockson
Derbyshire:Wilcockson

Derby Belper:Spencer
Herefordshire Brampton Bryan:-Turner

Worcs. Hereford. Gloucs.
Hodgetts

Radnorshire: Meredith
Bristol Somerset: Box

Census Information is Crown Copyright from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cilvrnum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 02 July 07 19:08 BST (UK) »
There are 3 baptism entries for D.k. between 1782-5 in
Scotland,

I.G.I.index www.familysearch.org.

Jackie.

Hi Jackie, 
Many thanks for taking the time to check things out.  Yes, I do know about the births you've found in Scotland and would hope that its one where there are two named parents.    ;D
One of his sons did spend some of his later years in Scotland and it would be reasonable to *assume* they are Scots bearing in mind the name.  It's too easy to assume in genealogy isnt it. 
I still have this niggling feeling that I've not looked close enough in Liverpool.  Is there anywhere I could find births in Liverpool about 1783?  On the other hand, he could have been born in Caldy which I think is West Kirby. 

Offline Gill Hakin

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 03 August 19 18:54 BST (UK) »
I don't know if you still use this forum but the David Kirkpatrick you are trying to find is my 5th Great Grandfather. I have come to a similar dead end in trying to find his birthplace or parents. My grandmother told me that he was a descendant of the Kirkpatricks of Closeburn, Dumfriesshire, Scotland and that we were some way related to William Kirkpatrick, Grandfather of Empress Eugenie who married Napoleon III. I have a copy of his Daughter, Mibella's marriage certificate to William Jackson. David is a witness along with a Thomas Kirkpatrick who could be David's Father or Brother??  I would be interested to know if you have made any further progress. Gill.

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 03 August 19 21:10 BST (UK) »
So Empress Eugenie was a quarter Scottish.
Personal interest; a cousin of my 2xGGF arranged the music and conducted the choir at the funeral of the Prince Imperial, the son of Napoleon & Eugenie.
Cowban