Author Topic: Descendents of Michael Gormley & Mary Flannigan  (Read 3646 times)

Offline RED-SCHU

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Descendents of Michael Gormley & Mary Flannigan
« on: Wednesday 04 July 07 18:37 BST (UK) »
I have found the Irish home of my American Irish Family in County Galway, more specifically, Derrybrien, Gort.  I would love to share information with anyone who might be able to provide some information that will help me find out more about this family, including not just names and dates, but who they were and how they lived.  I would like to give this family a personality.  Here is what I have managed to put together to date.  It may contain errors and I am sure there are omissions.  Any help would be appreciated.  Many Thanks.

MICHAEL GORMLEY married MARY FLANNIGAN.

Known Children of MICHAEL GORMLEY and MARY FLANNIGAN are:

ANNIE GORMLEY, b. December 20, 1876, County Galway, Ireland. Emigrated to US: August 20, 1895. d. April 5,1964 Roslindale, Boston, Massachusetts.

Annie Gormley married Edward Casey November 20, 1901 in Boston Massachusetts,   Edward Casey  b. 1876, Ireland. d. August 17, 1904.  <Boston, Massachusetts>. Parents of Edward Casey are Thomas Casey & Nora Fahey.

Annie Gormley Casey married Thomas Ryan, May 29, 1905 in Roxbury, Boston Massachusetts. Thomas Ryan b. April 12, 1879, <Cappehuse, Moore North,> County Roscommon, Ireland.  Emigrated to US: May 21,1900, d. September 28, 1945, Jamaica Plain, Boston, Massachusetts.  Parents of Thomas Ryan are Patrick Ryan & Catherine Naughton.

JOHN GORMLEY, b. December 18, 1878, <Derrybrien, Gort,> Galway, Ireland; Emigrated to US: 1899, d. 1943, Jamaica Plain, Boston, Massachusetts.

MARY GORMLEY, b. 1888 <Derrybrien, Gort,> Galway Ireland Emigrated to US: 1907, m. Mr. Griffin, d. 1931, <Boston, Massachusetts>.

THOMAS GORMLEY, b. July 20, 1890 <Derrybrien, Gort,> Galway Ireland. Emigrated to US: 1905.

OTHER GORMLEY FAMILY RELATIVES:

KATIE GORMLEY:   b: 1884, <Moyglass, Loughatorick, Loughora.> 
Mother: CATH GORMLEY.  Emmigrated to US 1904.

DOLLY GORMLEY:  b. 1893, <Moyglass, Loughatorick, Loughora>
Mother: CATH GORMLEY. Arrived in US 1911.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.