Author Topic: BUGGINS of Tamworth/Fillongley and Wolverhampton  (Read 1972 times)

Offline jbethell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
BUGGINS of Tamworth/Fillongley and Wolverhampton
« on: Friday 06 July 07 11:14 BST (UK) »
Buggins of Tamworth, G.G.G.G.Grandfather James Buggins married Blanch Eagle (?);
son Thomas Buggins baptised 11.4.1778, Fillongley and married 1) Ann Thompson Wolverhampton, 1808 = 1 daug. Mary, no more info....
Then married 2) Lucy Price Wolverhampton 1824; 1 daug. Martha Buggins.
Martha had 2 daughters 1)Lucy Buggins, who married William H. Walker and 2) Elizabeth Buggins, no more info....
Know most of descendants of Martha but would like information of siblings of Thomas; info on Elizabeth and if possible parentage of James.
Any descendants of James and Blanch Eagle, if they are the right line, is welcomed. Thanks.

Offline hellodolly13

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BUGGINS of Tamworth/Fillongley and Wolverhampton
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 August 11 18:25 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

I know your original post is quite old but I'm hoping this finds you!

I am tracing my husband's tree and have gone back to the Buggins/Eagle/Price/Walker batch of people as well.

Lucy Buggins (daughter of Martha) married William Henry Walker. They were my husband's Gt Gt Grandparents.

I'm just having a problem as Lucy seems to have changed her name to Louisa at some point around the time of her marriage as she is listed on the 1871 census as Louisa and also on her marriage record, but then on th 1881 census she is back as Lucy.

I'm also having trouble clarifying which William Henry Walker she married?  I think it's the one who appears on the 1871 census with his parents (William & Lucy) and his sister Elizabeth and another child called Edward Bethel.  However, it says he is Unmarried but the W H Walker who I'm looking for married Lucy (Louisa) Buggins in the 1st quarter of1871, before the census was taken, so should be listed as married.

Coincidentally, Lucy (Louisa) Buggins is listed as Louisa Walker in the 1871 census but William Henry is not living with her.  She is living with her mother, Martha, sister Elizabeth, and daughter Mary Jane.

It's quite a tangled web so any info you have would be great.

Thanks.