Author Topic: Morgan Lewis Williams family  (Read 5144 times)

Offline signgilder

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Morgan Lewis Williams family
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 04 June 14 19:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Eska,
Nice to hear from you. I haven't been on this site in years, but was informed of your post by the administrator (?) Sarah Davies. Apparently, there was a mix-up regarding my email address, so notifications haven't been coming to me.
My knowledge of Charles William Thorne is only sketchy and relates mainly to his marriage with my 2nd great grandaunt Catherine Day Borrett. She died in 1890, and their only child that I know of (at the moment) was Catherine Elizabeth Thorne. I really need to go back and review my notes and the research by Shaun J. in this thread. I apologize, but I've been away from family tree research for quite awhile. I do have a photo of Charles William Thorne, also Catherine Elizabeth Thorne, and I'd be happy to share them with you, if you are interested. If you have any specific questions, I will try to help. I also have a cousin in Canada who is researching the Borrett family, and perhaps she might have more information.
Thanks!   Wayne Pfaff, Ohio, USA
HAINES/HAYNES-Richard & family, Aynhoe, Northhamptonshire to America, 1682
CHEETHAM-Possibly Manchester to London area, then to America, 1869
BORRETT-Suffolk (Sudbury?) to London area, esp. Greenwich
GARDNER & variations-Chelsfield, Kent
WOOLGAR-Sussex to Kent
GOODHEW-Chelsfield, Kent
BIRCH-John, son of Charles, b.1853 in Reading, to America 1889
ASKAM-Knottingley, Yorkshire; Sarah Ann, dau. of Joseph, mar. John Birch, to America, 1889

Offline Eska

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Morgan Lewis Williams family
« Reply #19 on: Friday 06 June 14 15:15 BST (UK) »
Hello!
Thank you for the swift response,I didn't expect a reply so quickly! It's great to connect with you especially as we have Charles Thorne in common. I think I have actually spoke to one relative from your family a few years back because I recall discovering that Charles has a Daughter previous to My Grandfather and his Brother some time ago, it was a surprising discovery as my own father hasn't a clue of this (I have chose not to tell him due to his age) as I was originally researching another mystery who is Leslie Vivian Thorne, my Grandad's older brother who my father was not allowed to see or know of. It's all a bit cloak and dagger. Anyway I do have Charles's service records  which reveal that Charles never married my Great Grandmother Alice and I am currently following a lead that suggests he may have married Alice Teresa Dexter in 1893, but this is not confirmed. I could send you this if you were interested, also I'd love any info you have on Charles and Catherine as believe they had a daughter of the same name who would have been my Grandad'a half sister.  :)