Author Topic: Dodds Family in Alnwick, Northumberland  (Read 16092 times)

Offline geraldine77

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dodds Family in Alnwick, Northumberland
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 08 August 13 00:08 BST (UK) »
PS  are you intersted in some things I have found out about William Hindmarsh, son of Raplph and SArah? - I will put it on-line when I have found out how to transfer it next time my son comes. geraldine 77

Offline BravoAlphaDelta

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 08 August 13 04:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Geraldine77

Have been helping Kevin with family History, and we try to get to our State library  when time permits and  on a recent trip I made I found photos of John Dodds (Son of William and Ann) also Photos of his sons Henry,John H,William,And our GGgrandfather Sydney.We are slowly putting a face to our ancestors. I will not be able to PM you at the moment being new to this site,but as soon as I can,and if you like, I can sent some copies of these photos to you.
Cheers
Barbara Dodds(sister of Kevin) :)

Offline geraldine77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 08 August 13 06:09 BST (UK) »
Thankyou very much Barbara - I would like some photos. I have only 2 of Mary Francis who married W.H. Hindmarsh, and one of W.H. - not very good but I can send you copies. I can e-mail now so will try to send Kevin mine. I will get busy and sort out what I can over here. I have found out a lot about John Hall Hindmarsh and Robert on-line but when I find out what Kevin knows, I will send any info I might have - you both seem to have learnt so much. The earthquake in ChCh two years ago has held up a lot over here. geraldine77

Offline BravoAlphaDelta

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 09 August 13 06:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Geraldine
Well got luck again today.was sent a pic of Edward Hindmarsh Dodds (son of Leonard, Gson of John,ggand son of William Dodds. Edward is buried here on the Central Coast with his wife Viva.
My son is Married to a New Zealander and her fathers family say they have connections to the Dodds family in NZ.Dont know if there is a link to Our family but their name if Fearn.

Offline geraldine77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 14 August 13 02:42 BST (UK) »
There are Fearns in ChCh and when I have sorted out the ALnwick  Hindmarsh lot i could perhaps get in touch -Thankyou for the info - I have some of it from the internet - know some of the death dates that are missing. I am grateful for all your help and hope that I can come up with something you don't already know! I have been concentrating on the Newcastle- Belton Branch but that probably does not concern you. geraldine 77

Offline sfd0720

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Wm Dodds & Mary Pickard Family in Alnwick, Northumberland
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 24 October 13 21:10 BST (UK) »
Hi,
My husband is Wm & Mary's 3xg grandson.
William Dodds's parents were John Dodds (1775) and Ann Smails (c1774), who were married at St Michael's Church in Alnwick in 1799.
I hope this helps  :)
Sarah

Offline sfd0720

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Dodds Drapery Family in Alnwick, Northumberland
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 24 October 13 21:14 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Your Dodds grain of the family is linked to that of William Dodds-Mary Pickard grain (approx 2nd cousins I believe).
If you search Kevin Dodds (Australia) online, he has a pretty comprehensive breakdown of your side of the family going through Senegal and Australia. I believe that he is on Rootschat too.
Happy hunting  :)
Sarah

Offline ejowynne

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 13 April 14 23:55 BST (UK) »
I have often wondered how I could get in touch with you, as a novice genealogist to say thanks! I found out so much from what you shared on-line. I live in Christchurch, New Zealand and am a descendent of Mary Francis Dodds, the Iredales  and the Hindmarshes of Alnwick and Newcastle-on Tyne.There is one omission  - My great grandmother, Florence b. 1857 in Sydney, was the firstborn of W.H.Hindmarsh and Mary Francis Dodds. She married Arthur Pyne O'Callaghan in 1875 in NZ and had 11 children - so that is where I come in. I have found the story of these ancestors fascinating and have recently been interested to learn about the border reivers and connections of the Dodds,Hall and Scott families - not that I have traces any direct connections- Marie Woods
I also am a descendent of the same people as you Marie and I also live in Christchirch. My grandfather Ralph St. John born 1874 was a younger brother of  Florence. I was brought up with the Hindmarsh stories and have only recently become aware of the Dodds and Iredales. I also have been grateful to Kevin for his postings online and have just sent him a letter (snail mail). I also would love to get back to the Scotts of Harden  but have come to a bit of a halt at Easington Grange.  I looked in the Christchurch directory but couldn't see a ph. number that seemed to relate to you. I seem to be trailing behind you. For e.g. if you go back to the site about renovations at Trinity Green  you will see my post at the end of the comments.  Jo Wynne

Offline ejowynne

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 13 April 14 23:56 BST (UK) »
I have often wondered how I could get in touch with you, as a novice genealogist to say thanks! I found out so much from what you shared on-line. I live in Christchurch, New Zealand and am a descendent of Mary Francis Dodds, the Iredales  and the Hindmarshes of Alnwick and Newcastle-on Tyne.There is one omission  - My great grandmother, Florence b. 1857 in Sydney, was the firstborn of W.H.Hindmarsh and Mary Francis Dodds. She married Arthur Pyne O'Callaghan in 1875 in NZ and had 11 children - so that is where I come in. I have found the story of these ancestors fascinating and have recently been interested to learn about the border reivers and connections of the Dodds,Hall and Scott families - not that I have traces any direct connections- Marie Woods
I also am a descendent of the same people as you Marie and I also live in Christchirch. My grandfather Ralph St. John born 1874 was a younger brother of  Florence. I was brought up with the Hindmarsh stories and have only recently become aware of the Dodds and Iredales. I also have been grateful to Kevin for his postings online and have just sent him a letter (snail mail). I also would love to get back to the Scotts of Harden  but have come to a bit of a halt at Easington Grange.  I looked in the Christchurch directory but couldn't see a ph. number that seemed to relate to you. I seem to be trailing behind you. For e.g. if you go back to the site about renovations at Trinity Green  you will see my post at the end of the comments.  Jo Wynne