Author Topic: burial grounds breconshire  (Read 11925 times)

Offline cochiaid

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: burial grounds breconshire
« Reply #9 on: Friday 03 August 07 17:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan,

There are penciled notes in some of the margins, as I said in a previous message, which were obviously done by a particular filler in of the burial record book. It is a long shot, but he/she might have done so for your graves. It certainly happened for 2 of my relatives!

My Jones family were farmers and lived in various farms around the town. I am not aware of a Roberts marrying into my extended Jones family. Do you know what his Christian name was and where he lived?

I know the Cambrian Woolen Mill.

By the way, I live in Brecon town.

Cochiaid

Offline mrs.c.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 03 August 07 18:24 BST (UK) »
hi cochiaid,thankyou for your reply i might have some luck then when i go over to the record office.the roberts that married a jones was elizabeth she died in 1914 she had a daughter (hilda annie).but i think she went down to the swansea area.did you know that there is a photograph of a group of people from the llanwrtyd area hanging up in the rooms next to the information office.its dated 1906 and to do with winning a prize for singing in the llandovery eisteddfod.all the names of the people are on the back of the photograph you might be lucky with some names there.i will check the obituaries for the roberts family which i got from the brecon county times and see if there are any jones at the funerals.jan

Offline cochiaid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 03 August 07 20:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan,

Do you know the Chistian name of the man Jones and was he from Llanwrtyd? 

Do you mean the information office in Llanwrtyd?

Cochiaid

Offline mrs.c.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 04 August 07 14:10 BST (UK) »
hi,cochiaid the name was william jones but i have'nt looked into that side yet,at the time of the first death 1913 that i am looking for the burial of (enoch roberts), william and elizabeth jones( nee roberts )were living in swansea with a daughter. the office where the photograph is is next to the information room i can't quite remember what it is being used for either council rooms or memoriam rooms or something to do with the british legion.we had to get permission to go in there.jan

Offline cochiaid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 04 August 07 14:54 BST (UK) »
thanks Jan,

when you find out more about William Jones, let me know to see if he is one of mine!!

Cochiaid

Offline mrs.c.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 06 August 07 12:14 BST (UK) »
hi,cochiaid,just to let you know i have found some jones names on the obituary to rebecca roberts who died in march 1916: these names attended the funeral,   r.jones dinas, arthur jones, jones (tyn-y-pant), jones( nantrodyn), jones (clyncae)
quite a few.do you know of a place around the area called Llanwright if so where is it i cannot find it on the map. thanks jan.

Offline cochiaid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 06 August 07 15:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan,
The following are from my Tree  r.jones (dinas), jones (tyn-y-pant), jones (clyncae). Are they stated as cousins or any other family connection, on the obit?
 "Llanwright" could well be just a typing error and would then mean Llanwrtyd. What was the context in which it was mentioned?

Cochiaid

Offline mrs.c.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 06 August 07 16:12 BST (UK) »
hi cochiaid,thanks for info on Llanwright i should have thought of that!.no the obits do not say any relations but they are also on another obit i have for 1916 for llanwrtyd.i have had a look at the names on the photo i was telling you about they are as follows:arnold jones, garth inn,  rees Llewellyn price jones.pen-y-banc,  jones cefnserwydd,  will jones,rose villa,  rees jones (bach),
tom jones ,glanirfon,  ianto jones, clochydd,Llanwrtyd; thanks jan.

Offline cochiaid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 06 August 07 19:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jan,

By the way, Jones of Clyncae was my Grandfather and Jones of Dinas was his brother. Jones of Tyn y pant was a cousin of theirs. They were probably just members of the community going to the funeral.

The names on the photo do not ring a bell with me.

Cochiaid