Author Topic: WAGNER of Sault Ste Marie and Owen Sound  (Read 10663 times)

Offline spacebat

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WAGNER of Sault Ste Marie and Owen Sound
« Reply #18 on: Monday 29 September 14 20:14 BST (UK) »
Hello, I both have and am looking for any and all information that I can get my hands on about my family tree, which includes the Wagners mentioned here. My maternal grandfather is Lawrence Stanley Wagner, his uncle was Lawrence Bramleigh Wagner, and I have lots of information going up the Wagner side of things. I've found myself in Sault Ste. Marie for school, and discovered that my family had quite a bit of history here. I can send some info I have that my half-uncle (son of Lawrence Stanley) put together for his niece (?).

I would greatly appreciate any info, records, photos, documentation, etc you may have about anything related to the wagners. :)

Offline Kazzaqld

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Nanna on her wedding day
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 29 September 14 22:35 BST (UK) »
HI Spacebat,

Delighted to make contact - I have lots of pictures and family information to share!

I'll send you a PM with my email address.

Cheers

cousin Karen.
GRACE, HADLEY, ION,MURFET(T), SIZER, WALTERS, WISE - Tasmania,

BATTY, COLE,  GIBBS, GIBBINS/GIBBONS, GODDARD, GURNEY, HUGHES, JONES, LEE, PENNY, TROWER, WHALE, WILSHAW, WOODCOCK
New Zealand,

LEONARD, ROLLINGS, SIZER/SIZAR and many others - Cambridgeshire

BLACKBURN, CUNNINGHAM, DEAN, DOWGILL, GILL,HAINSWORTH, HUSBANDS, LOWE,  MABBLE, MARSHALL, MOORHOUSE, MYERS, PEARSON,PRESTON,  RAYNER, RILEY, SHOESMITH, SIGSTON, SKINN, TURNER, WARD, WILDMAN, WRIGHT

Yorkshire

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 02 October 14 18:21 BST (UK) »
Hello Spacebat and Kazzaqld. And wecome to RootChat, Spacebat.

Spacebat, you need to make 3 posts before you can access the Private Message (PM) system here on RootsChat. This can be as simple as just saying "Hi" 2more times on this thread. Then you will be able to communicate with Kazzaqld off the public board to exchange email addresses.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Maere

• RootsChat Extra
  • Fac et Spera
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 13 October 14 04:06 BST (UK) »
Hello Spacebat and Kazzaqld. And wecome to RootChat, Spacebat.

..you need to make 3 posts before you can access the Private Message (PM) system

PB

Thank you! Gad, I thought I was going crazy.
SPARKS and relateds: HILLMAN, CLARK(E), Cox, HARVEY, Banwell, Peters, HANCOCK, Poole, MAIN, Taylor, and many more. Primarily in Somerset, England with SPARKS and POOLEs to Ontario, New York, and Michigan.
MATHESON in Cape Breton and Ontario after HARRIS and BATCHELOR in Quebec and in Ireland and Scotland, respectively.
McLEAN and relateds in Cape Breton, Ontario, and Manitoba.
BATTEN and relateds from unknown place in England to Ontario to Michigan

Offline broofer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 27 October 20 06:22 GMT (UK) »
I assume that the Vincent Wagner mentioned was Stanley Vincent Wagner. His wife was not Katherine, she was Catherine Bell Hutchison 1909-1981. Catherine was a daughter of Andrew Robb Tonner 1886-1967 and Margaret ( Maggie ) Hutchison 1887-1949.

Maggie was an elder sister of my granny Catherine ( you are in Scotland now )

The Bell in Catherine's name runs through the large Hutchison family ( like covid ). It comes from her grandfather Duncan Bell who was killed in an explosion in a mine in Wishaw in 1849, leaving his wife Mary ( Nicol ) 1818-1900 a pauper with 4 young daughters and a boy on the way whom she named Duncan after his dead father.

Incidentally, Mary remarried, and, after her second husband died, followed her sons by emigrating herself to US. She died in La Salle Illinois.