Author Topic: Going to Chichester RO this week, will do look ups  (Read 5888 times)

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Going to Chichester RO tomorrow (Friday) will do look ups
« Reply #9 on: Monday 23 July 07 18:31 BST (UK) »
Thank you for letting me know Kerry, all being well I'm off to Chichester RO on Wednesday or Thursday so I will endeavour to find some info for you Stovepipe and John!

Legs
xxxx
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
NFK-Burton,Myhill,Fisher,Thompson
LNRK-Neilson,Dudson,Forrest,McNight,Paterson
WL-Williams

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Going to Chichester RO this week, will do look ups
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 26 July 07 09:08 BST (UK) »
Definately going to Chi RO today...
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
WL-Williams

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 July 07 13:19 BST (UK) »
Ok, here is what I found...

For John;

The marriage of Richard Reffell of this parish and Mary Lashly married in this Church (St Peter the Great) by Banns this forth day of May 1795 by me B Middleton Vicar and Subdean.  Solemnized between us X Richard Reffell and X Mary Lashly in the presence of X Jacob Jurker/Jenner ??? and Philip Wright.

Philip Wright was wintness on pretty much all of the marriage records on that fiche.  There was no comment about this being Mary's 2nd marriage.

For Stovepipe;

Marriages solemnized in the Parish of Goring in the County of Sussex in the year of 1842-3

George Field of this Parish, bachelor, and Frances Kipping of this Parish, spinster, were married in this Church by Banns with the consent of (left blank) this twelfth day of December in the year 1824, By me Tho. G. Calhoun, Vicar.
This marriage was solemnized between us George Field X his mark and Frances Kipping X her mark in the presence of William Charles X his mark and Ann Chalres X her mark

As yours was a later date I was able to print out a copy for you, if you PM your address I can post the copy to you.

Hope that helps
Legs
xxxx
WL-Williams

Offline Stovepipe

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Daddy Stovepipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 26 July 07 16:22 BST (UK) »
Very many thanks, Legs.  (I especially like to know whether my ancestors could write or not!)

I've PM'd you.

Regards,
Stovepipe
Census information is Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Uncle Reff

• RootsChat Veteran
  • It's Déjà vu, all over again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 26 July 07 17:29 BST (UK) »
Legs,

You are a star  :D

I am very grateful for your help and assistance. As I mentioned that is a long running 'tradition' in this family of spelling their surname either Lashley or Leshley at random!

Kind regards - John
Researching: Reffell, Rattle, Summerhayes, Dane, Masset, Burchatt & Leshley... & Jones!