Author Topic: BOOTH Emma, 18th Mar 1868, Holme Tong, Yorkshire. Birth Certificate.  (Read 4166 times)

Offline Derek_Benton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
BOOTH Emma, 18th Mar 1868, Holme Tong, Yorkshire. Birth Certificate.

Father: Stead BOOTH, Blacksmith Journeyman
Mother: Ruth BOOTH, formerly BOND
Informant: X the mark of Ruth BOOTH, Mother, Holme Tong
Registrar: Samuel Baraclough

Was trying to find birth cert for sister of one of my ancestors. This was not the correct one.

Offline elainebooth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: BOOTH Emma, 18th Mar 1868, Holme Tong, Yorkshire. Birth Certificate.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 April 13 16:00 BST (UK) »
I am sure this Emma Booth is a descendant of my William Booth & Mary Ann Elizabeth Stead marriage in 1808, but it mus be several generations down, no idea through which son. Understand you are looking for a John Booth also.  There are many in the Tong Parish area. One is also mine.

I do have an Emma Booth born 1884 in New Wortley, Yorkshire, the younger sister of my Jabez born 1881 (my husband's grandfather).  Their parents are George Stead Booth and Rose Ann Butterfield. They are descendants of John Booth (Blacksmith) who died in 1795 and his wife Martha Oddy 1750-1806).  If this family sound like it is related to yours, I would like to share information.  I live in the United States. Jabez (above) migrated abt 1905 and went to California to be with his brother Thomas, the others stayed in England, except for one brother who went to South Africa.).

Offline Derek_Benton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 10 April 13 10:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Elaine,
Thanks for your reply.  i had a check on Ancestry and the Stead BOOTH mentioned on this certificate was the son of Joseph BOOTH (c1807) and Ruth STEAD (c1807), so isn't from your William, but perhaps there is a link.
Note that my BOOTHs are not yet connected with your line as I don't have any of the names you have mentioned, but it may be there is a connection further back perhaps.
Thanks again for getting in touch and best of luck with your ongoing research.
Regards
Derek

Offline elainebooth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 28 March 15 18:18 GMT (UK) »
Derek - 2 years later and we have found other relatives and are expanding our Booth line.  Our oldest Booth John Booth born between 1740 and 1750 in Tong had 10 children. - We are descended through son William.  We have connected with another descendant of John, through son Richard.  Both my husband and the descendant of Richard have had YDNA tests done on FamilytreeDNA.com and prove they are the same line with only 4 differences in their markers.  If you are interested in testing your YDNA to compare with theirs - you can order the YDNA test from FamilyTreeDNA.com for about $169 US dollars.  It will take about 3 months before your results are posted, but it might show your match to us in the Tong area or to some other Booth's from other areas that are also listed in the DNA matches on line.

If you have any new information on your line - I would like to share.  If you can share your line with me maybe I can make a connection.  My Booth line is growing.  Contact me directly at elaine33 at beyondbb.com if you wish. ;)

Offline james.familyhistory62

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 23 July 20 22:08 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm looking for information about a Rose Ann Butterfield, born in 1832 in Ireland, Lived in Liverpool, UK. You Mentioned a Rose Ann Butterfield so I thought maybe this is the same person.

Hope you can help

Kind Regards, James Butterfield