Author Topic: David Edwards  (Read 12038 times)

Offline longshanks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: David Edwards
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 21 October 08 21:15 BST (UK) »
I can account for the lineage of one family in Llansantffraid Cwmdeuddwr in which there are several David Edwards (ref your original email) if that is any help. Their line has cross marriages with Powell and Evans. The trouble is the three surnames do crop up a lot in this area and intermarry. The David Edwards with which I am familiar was of Ty Newwyd/Newhouse, L. Cwmdeuddwr
Beattie,Edwards,Hope,Jarman,McLuckie, Meason, Murray, Summers, Welsh, Wilde, Wemyss, Wright

Offline WhereRthey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 27 October 08 16:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi longshanks,

Thank you for replying to my query (David Edwards).  I would very much like to see any of your references to your Edwards line and even more to the way they married into the Powell and Evans lines.  If you have a 'tree' with any names, dates or places which you would like to share, I would really appreciate seeing it.

I'm not sure if LL. Cwmdeuddwr is near to LL Rhydithion, but Evan Powell and his wife, Anna Maria (nee Edwards) certainly moved around a great deal - even though (or because?) they were agricultural labourers.  It's a slim chance, but I would like to check if possible.
I do have some 'strays' belonging to Anna Maria's siblings which could possibly be cleared up ...... in time!!!
Many thanks.

Offline longshanks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 27 October 08 20:48 GMT (UK) »
The Edwards buried at Llansantfraid Cmdeuddwr had a stroke of luck, given many graves have had their inscriptions erased from the soft sandstone by the wind. One group is shielded in ivy, and my own ancestors in a holly bush which grows out of the chest of my gt gt grandfather's older brother Rees Powell Edwards(one of those things that happens with wreaths).  They include my gt gt grandfather's parents David Edwards (1789-1861) who married in 1819 Ann Evans (1792-1856). David was son of David Edwards (1753-1832) who married Anne Powell (1766-1845) in 1788. He in turn was son of Charles Edwards (1710-1755) who married in 1750 Anne Evans
Beattie,Edwards,Hope,Jarman,McLuckie, Meason, Murray, Summers, Welsh, Wilde, Wemyss, Wright

Offline WhereRthey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 28 October 08 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for this info.  I loved the description of the plant life!  I hadn't considered  wreaths as so long lasting!  I will appreciate them all the more now.
I haven't been able to go as far back as you at all and it doesn't look as though we may be connected. 
The David Edwards in my family was born c1796 & married (1) Mary Prosser born c1788 - died 1815. He then married Anne Lloyd born c1801 in LL. Rhydithon.
It was from this couple that I based my search for descendants.
The Powell line I traced back to c1781 - the birth of William Powell who married Mary born c1791. They were married in Lladegley, Rads.
I suppose it is inevitable that there are so many with the same surnames, but wouldn't it have been great to find a few connections....
Many thanks anyway.