Author Topic: Death of Lavender Lakey  (Read 9277 times)

Offline harrygeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death of Lavender Lakey
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 29 July 07 20:02 BST (UK) »
Don't know if this is any help  :-\

Complete bmd index,s

Lewis Ernest Lakey Dec q. 1883 Thrapston, Northants  3b - 195

I have just been doing some research with another member of my family and guess what we have found a Ernest Louis Lakey born 1883 but in staffordshire, he was Lavenders son. He married Alice Haynes in 1905 in Peterborough, funny thing is this is the same Alice Haynes on the wedding cert of Harry Lakey and Harriet Haynes, their witness. So I may not have found Lavender but I have found another relation I hadn't found.

Thank you to everyone Andrea. ;D
Haynes,Cobb,Welcher,Cox, Buck, Hipwell, Crunckhorn, Searle, Gilbert, (cambs),Lakey,Lavender,Merrington,Rolfe,Larkman (welney), Bell (docking),Haigh, Heselgrove,Bastow,Price,(yorks), Hipperson, Sadler.

Offline harrygeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 29 July 07 20:04 BST (UK) »
Harry and Ernest Lakey marry sisters Harriet and Alice Haynes, if only everthing was this simple!

Andrea.
Haynes,Cobb,Welcher,Cox, Buck, Hipwell, Crunckhorn, Searle, Gilbert, (cambs),Lakey,Lavender,Merrington,Rolfe,Larkman (welney), Bell (docking),Haigh, Heselgrove,Bastow,Price,(yorks), Hipperson, Sadler.

Offline anneb

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 29 July 07 20:32 BST (UK) »
Was Lavender born in Downham Market or Little Downham?Can't find any Lakeys in Little Downham PRs

There was a butcher in Haddenham called Everard Lavender Porter!

Offline harrygeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 29 July 07 20:36 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Lavender was born in Welney which comes under the district of Downham (which I think is Downham Market as it is in the same sort of area).

Andrea :)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 29 July 07 20:49 BST (UK) »
Don't know if this is any help  :-\

Complete bmd index,s

Lewis Ernest Lakey Dec q. 1883 Thrapston, Northants  3b - 195

I have just been doing some research with another member of my family and guess what we have found a Ernest Louis Lakey born 1883 but in staffordshire, he was Lavenders son. He married Alice Haynes in 1905 in Peterborough, funny thing is this is the same Alice Haynes on the wedding cert of Harry Lakey and Harriet Haynes, their witness. So I may not have found Lavender but I have found another relation I hadn't found.

Thank you to everyone Andrea. ;D

I think this is the same person as Lewis Ernest in the BMD records. If I recall some of the children and Eliza were born Staffordshire. Apologies if you've already made these connections, Andrea. In fact the family seemed to move around according to the census places of births. I wonder if Lavender continued to travel about.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline harrygeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 29 July 07 21:00 BST (UK) »
I hadn't made this connection until today after his name appeared in a message, so thank you for that.
I have spoken to my dad and he can't remember Lavender emigrating and he can't remember where he went or when he died, complete mystery. Dad did tell me that Hannah and Alice who married the Lakey brothers were actually twins. What is it with twins and my family tree?

Yes they did move about quite abit, must have had a very fast horse!!

Andrea.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 29 July 07 21:27 BST (UK) »
if all the children were boarded out after Eliza's death- it could mean that they were now orphans or that Lavender was off working and couldn't care for them.
You could try Eliza's death certificate  to see who reported death and her status etc.

Offline harrygeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 29 July 07 21:43 BST (UK) »
Will do, watch this space. Perhaps he should have been named Scarlett rather than Lavender, after the illusive Pimpernel!!.

Andrea.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 29 July 07 21:46 BST (UK) »
keep us posted- it crossed my mind that he changed his name but still can't find anyone that could be him.

best wishes
heywood