Author Topic: Isaac Gale from Bridport - look up please  (Read 2877 times)

Offline cari

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Isaac Gale from Bridport - look up please
« on: Monday 13 December 04 21:38 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find information on the family of Isaac Gale who was born in Bridport around 1818 and later moved to the Channel Islands sometime before 1850.  Any information on him, his parents or siblings would be of interest.

thanks...

Offline roz.ronly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Isaac Gale from Bridport - look up please
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 December 04 01:34 GMT (UK) »
We have an Isaac Gale in our tree, born 1823 in Powerstock.  Powerstock is so close to Bridport as makes almost no difference.  My Granny Gale always said her family came from Bridport, but they were almost all born in Powerstock.  I have no idea if my Isaac did go to the Channel Islands.  The 1831 Allington Census does not show an Isaac.  Go to www.dorset-opc.com and have a look in Powerstock (the home of the Gales) and see what comes up.  It would be worth trying all the villages around Bridport.  I have seen Isaac mentioned often on Familysearch (Rootsweb) - I ignored him because I did not realise he was one of mine at the time.

Good luck

Offline cari

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 December 04 15:34 GMT (UK) »
Thanks!  I'll do that.  Maybe we're related.

Have a Merry Christmas...

Offline Rosecott

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 28 February 05 18:50 GMT (UK) »
On the 1851 census there was an Isaac Gale aged 35 born Symondsbury and living in Bradpole, near Bridport.  His wife was Martha and he had children Emma, Caroline,  Baruch and Barkos (?).  I have come across someone else researching this family and could look up details if necessary.

Geraldine.  On-line parish clerk for Netherbury