Author Topic: Lost on 1841 census  (Read 9102 times)

Offline kbryce27

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lost on 1841 census
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 16 May 09 05:52 BST (UK) »
Hi CCR,

I am working on a family tree of the Muiravonside Bryces and see here that you are of the Janet Stevenson John Bell Bryce line. That is a family group that I do not have much information on - essentially 11 children, years of birth and some dates of death. Very little otherwise. I do have more information on other parts of the family, not sure how much would be new to you. Would love to compare notes. Drop me a line if you like.

Thanks
Katherine

Offline andrew shanks

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 30 May 09 13:21 BST (UK) »
Charlotte Nimmo b17 Jan 1805 at Muiravonside is my 3rd cousin

Is this the same Charlotte Nimmo that married Andrew Stevenson?

:)
Ireland: Arlour, Arlow, Hammond, Hannah, Shanks, Templeton

Scotland: Allan, Black, Carlyle, Corkingdale, Fleeting, Grant, Hammond, Hannah, Kirkwood, Lothian, McFarlane, Main, Neilson, Shanks, Sneddon, Stirling, Wood

Sussex/Hampshire/Surrey/London/Kent: Beagley, Champion, Clark, Douch, Earl, Jones, King, Ladyman, Ley, Pattenden, Peskett, Pink, Readings, Standen, Stonestreet, Windiate

Offline bairnj

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 31 May 09 22:17 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

The Charlotte Nimmo I have that married Andrew Stevenson was born in 1805.

I haven;t been doing a lot of family research into this side as my mother in law passed away last October, so it's been quite hard to get into it.

Would be great to hear from you.

**CCR did I send you the photographs of the Nimmo memorials?**

Offline ccr

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 10 August 15 16:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Katherine, just got back to roots chat after a delay, (sidetrack researching for a friend ). Re your post about the  Bryce Stevenson connection I would love to see what you have in the way of info. Rehards Ccr

Offline Debra Bouwer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 30 December 18 14:55 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I just read this poist with interest. When my Mom sailed back to Scotland in 1947 they have Drumbroider farm listed as their place to stay. I know her Aunt Susan and William Owen had a farm out there? It would be interesting to hear if anyone knows of a connection?

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 03 January 19 16:52 GMT (UK) »
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.