Author Topic: STOREYS-KENDAL  (Read 7573 times)

Offline Jax49

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
STOREYS-KENDAL
« on: Friday 03 August 07 19:34 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have any STOREYS from the Kendal area. I have gone back as far as JOHN STOREY b Kendal 1805 he married ANN CLARK B C1805 in BEETHAM, they married in 1827 in Kendal.

Any info gladly accepted  :)

Jax
Bradshaw Tyldesley/Worsley Lancs. RIMMER Liverpool/Birkenhead/Eccles Lancs. Dale Congleton.
Storey Kendal/Eccles. Ryan County Galway Ireland.
O'SULLIVAN Oughterard/ Cornamona County Galway, Ireland. Butler and Burke, Count Galway.  Cowburn Atherton, Manley Worsley. Durban (various spelling) Chilvers Coton Warwickshire. Phidiam/Fidium Worsley.

Offline Elizann

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: STOREYS-KENDAL
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 December 07 15:34 GMT (UK) »
A branch of the Storey family lived at Stavely, Troutbeck near Windermere in the Lake District.

Liz :)
Lowe

Offline duckweed

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 March 09 21:20 GMT (UK) »
The Storeys in Troutbeck were  in the  Isle of Man up to 1805.

Offline FELLSMAN

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 May 09 09:01 BST (UK) »
A book i once read  called STOREYS OF LANCASTER published in about the 1950's might be of interest it  mentions the Troutbeck and Furness Peninsula branches of the family . The book is probably available in Lancaster libary or the records office, Storey's were a very important family  in the Lancaster area  and pioneered the manufacturing of linoleum in the town .
One member of the Troutbeck family had a farm called Limefitt in 1851 he also had common rights in the neighbouring Kentmere valley
Have you the names of john storeys parents ive  found one family in Kendal that had a daughter betty bapt 10 dec 1815  and siblings agnes  john eleonor margaret and thomas their parents were robert storey ( weaver) and mary nee cooper. 
Have you found the family name website,  storeysofold.com  there could be some further leads on that .

Offline FELLSMAN

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 21 March 10 20:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi
not a storey of Kendal but does anybody know where Thomas Storey who married Isabella Fothergill at  Kirkby Stephen  on 10th  june 1799 originated from

cheers Fellsman

Offline RonaldWLong

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 24 March 10 02:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi:

I ran into another descendant of John Dent Fothergill and he just messaged me about the Storey family at Deepgill.  I thought tht surely you two were in contact.  Do you know David Cousins?

To: David Cousins
David:

I was glad to get the information on Thomas Story.  I have a Thomas Storey Marrying an Isabel Fothergill in 1799 and living at Birk Rigg.  Must have been a descendant of the Deepgill Thomas Story.

Ron Long

Offline Lupasgroupies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 16 September 10 20:01 BST (UK) »
Hello Ron,

I wonder if you can help me please. In your entry of 24 March 2010 you mention Thomas Storey marrying Isabel Fothergill on 10th June 1799 in Kirby Stephen.

They did live at Birkrigg and would be very interested to learn more about them, as I am also a descendant.

Could you expand on where Deep Gill is please, as from my research there were no Storeys in the Deep Gill in Mallerstang.

I am looking for the father of thomas Storey Senior.

Any information would be greatfully received.

Regards
Loupasgroupies.
Holman, Winterbottom, Smith, Russell, Storey, Fothergill, Thornton,

Offline FELLSMAN

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 20 September 10 19:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Loupasgroupies
In Isabel Fothergills father Roberts will of 1812 the Storeys  were at Thrang House which is close to Birkrigg beside the present day road . The fothergills were at Deep gill  before they moved across the valley to Birkrigg . Isabel was deceased at the time of her fathers death.
When Robert died he was at Croanberry which is also nearby. Robert also had a son John from a second marriage to a  Agnes Brunskill born around 1780 he left most of his estate to them and John  was probably living at Birkrigg at the time of his death. The Storey children were left two pounds ten shillings each when they reached the age of 21 .
Most of the Storey children moved over the county border into Yorkshire further down the Wensleydale valley .
I believe the Fothergill side of the family were the ones that were at Deepgill

Cheers  Fellsman

Offline jpnewt75

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 26 September 10 14:25 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have any STOREYS from the Kendal area. I have gone back as far as JOHN STOREY b Kendal 1805 he married ANN CLARK B C1805 in BEETHAM, they married in 1827 in Kendal.

Any info gladly accepted  :)

Jax

Hi Jax, I have Story/Storey ancestors from round that way I think, my Family Tree is just loading up now.

Ah, done.  The first one I reach going back from myself is an Elizabeth Story christened to Anthony at Heversham in 1697, she married a Robert Jackson at Heversham in 1722.  They're my 8 times great grandparents.

I think Elizabeth's parents were an Anthony Story and Margaret Torver who marred at Heversham in 1696. 

Robert and Elizabeth Jackson's daughter Agnes is my line who married at Underbarrow in 1755. 

If you're linked to this family this page looks like it might be interesting for you, I think the Elizabeth Jackson mentioned in this is the one i've mentioned, also a George Atkinson of Underbarrow is mentioned, Robert and Elizabeth had a daughter called Agnes who married a George Atkinson at Underbarrow in 1755 (they're my  7 times great grandparents)

http://www.storeysofold.com/book/page117.html

Hope this is a good find for you as well  :)

Best wishes
John