Author Topic: Can not find birth of Robert HALL  (Read 7270 times)

Offline jessie0000

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Can not find birth of Robert HALL
« on: Thursday 18 March 04 08:29 GMT (UK) »
 Hi this is my very 1st post,I am looking for my 3rd grandfather Robert HALL who was born in BEETLEY Norfolk about 1818 1820,His Father was Thomas HALL.
I have Roberts Marriage and death. He left Norfolk and went to CRANHAM in Essex where he married Mary ann CARSON, i would love to find him i have been trying for years. so i hope someone can help me. Oh yes it is NorfolK in ENGLAND.
Many thanks

Offline chrisclare

• RootsChat Extra
  • Clare/Treuge
    • View Profile
Re: Can not find birth of Robert HALL
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 March 04 11:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jessie, not sure if this may be of any help but I´ve got a record of a Thomas Hall b. 1793 Aylsham Norfolk (Aylsham parish baptisms).
His parents were Jerry and Hannah (formerly Starling) . Aylsham is not too far from Beetley...... he could be the father of Robert. Worth checking further perhaps. Regards, Chris.

Offline jessie0000

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 March 04 12:02 GMT (UK) »
  Thanks for your reply back to me  so quick i will have to look up the info.
All the best Jill

Offline bekahsgran

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 April 04 20:20 BST (UK) »
 :)Hi
I have the transcript of the Beetley Parish Registers and I'm sorry to say that there are no HALL births or marriages between 1803 and the 1830's, are you sure he was born in Beetley? :-\
Anne
<br /><br />Websdale, Jillings, Lovett, Savage, Egmore, Seymour, Graves, Hustler, Stannard<br />in Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire<br />Condrit, Condrat, Condrut, Tyler, Hunter and Evans in NSW Australia

http://www.tilneyallsaintsonline.org.uk
Local History for TILNEY ALL SAINTS, Norfolk<br /><br />Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jessie0000

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 14 June 04 04:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Ann.
            Well i have a Census with Beetley NORFOLK on it i also have a cousin who is also looking for ROBERT HALL and she has had no luck so maybe you are right maybe he was not born in beetley, i have his marriage and his death he got married at Cranham in essex to mary annCARSON and died at cramham.
Jill

Offline Clincher

• my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 29 November 04 19:04 GMT (UK) »
I had a look at the Cranham marriage register today at Essex Record Office (ref: D/P 118/1/7 page 4). As you probably know Robert Hall married on Christmas Day 1841 when he was 23 and Mary Ann Carson was 16. They both gave Cranham as their residence. You already know that Robert's father's name was Thomas.
I went to the Norfolk Transcription Archive at http://www.genealogy.doun.org      and clicked on 'Transcription Archive' clicked  on 'Surnames', clicked on 'H', clicked on 'Hall', clicked on 'Baptisms-Parish registers' and amongst 700 Halls in that section there is a very promising Robert Hall baptised in 1817 in Colton with a dad named Thomas and a mum named Sarah. There's loads of other Hall goodies on that splendid site
What do you think about that?

Offline penpen64

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 07 May 13 20:47 BST (UK) »
Dear Jessie0000
I am fairly new to this site and someone kindly showed me your posting from years ago!! Did you ever find anymore out about Robert Hall born in Beetley and then of Cranham,Essex? He was my maternal GGG Grandfather.
If you are still using this site and/or contactable that would be great  :)

Offline penpen64

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 07 May 13 20:55 BST (UK) »
Clincher...are you still using this site? Just read with GREAT interest about my maternal GGG Grandfather! Had no idea they married on that date...thankyou very much  :)

Offline jcsm

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 07 May 13 22:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Jesse,
An online tree shows a Robert Hall baptized 9/25/1817 Colton, Norfolk -Spouse: Mary Ann Carson.

You can most likely obtain a copy of this record by ordering the appropriate FHL film. If you need information on the Family History Library (FHL) & their films, please let us know.

Hope this helps.