Author Topic: James Jones born 1882-Cheshire  (Read 7657 times)

Offline kerrie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
James Jones born 1882-Cheshire
« on: Tuesday 14 December 04 22:22 GMT (UK) »
Does anybody have any information on a James Jones born 10/7/1882 somewhere in Cheshire???
(possibly Runcorn)
I know its a long shot but it's all I've got!!

His Mothers name was Eliza (surname unknown) Fathers name James, He had an older brother called Thomas born c.1880.

I have looked for this family on the 1881 and 1891 census and have had no luck!!

This is where it gets complicated!!

James married Eliza and they had 2 children, Eliza died young and was buried in her familys grave somewhere in Cheshire.

James remarried this time to Martha (surname unknown) sometime between 1882 and 1901.

Martha died and is buried in Runcorn Cemetery

James remarried again this time to a Mary Jane Mayoh born in Stockport!

James Jones (the son) married Eleanor Mary Fewtrell in Brighton,Sussex in 1911.

If any one has any information no matter how small on this HUGE!! brick wall of mine I would be very greatful.

Thanks

Kerrie
Mason/Pickett/Ridley/Watson/- Northumberland and Cumberland
Jones/Lunt/Jackson/Hancock/Skelhorn/Owen/Powis-Cheshire,Lancs,Staffs
Fewtrell/Fentiman-Sussex
Halliwell-Westmoreland
Price-Montgomery,Shropshire
Pickett/O'Connor-Ireland

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James Jones born 1882-Cheshire
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 December 04 22:29 GMT (UK) »
1891 census

5 Jackson Lane, Runcorn

James JONES head mar 37 chemical labourer b.Runcorn

Martha wife 37 b.Over

James son 8 b.Runcorn

John son 3 b.Runcorn

Joseph son 2 b.Runcorn

Abram HAMPSON boarder unm 25 gen lab b.Weston

RG12/2831 folio 103 page 15

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 December 04 12:31 GMT (UK) »
These are the 1882 births on the Cheshire BMD site,complete with ref numbers if you think any of them are possibles and wish to order the cert.
http://www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/cheshirebmd/births.html

Cheshire Birth indexes for the years: 1882
Surname Forename(s) Sub-District Registers At Reference
JONES James Henry   Hyde Tameside HYD/67/1
JONES James William Birkenhead Wirral BIR/129/36
JONES James             Birkenhead Wirral BIR/130/80
JONES James             Crewe Cheshire Central CR/70/016
JONES James             Neston Wirral NES/17/41
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 15 December 04 14:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kerrie

There are references on the Cheshire BMD that show an Elizabeth Jones died in Daresbury Runcorn in 1883, and also a marriage of a Martha Daniels and James Jones in Runcorn 1887 which along with Casalguidi's census find would all fit for your request.

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline kerrie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 15 December 04 14:54 GMT (UK) »
Hello, Peter the census information for James Jones in 1891 isnt them!( I dont think)

I've found them on the 1871,1881 and 1901 also!
The death that you've found maybe her,but I am unsure!
Is it possible to order a birth certificate with the name and date of birth only?

His last wifes name was Mary Jane Mayoh and she was from Stockport,I have lots of information on her and her family from her family bible!

James Jones (the son) was my G.Grandfather and in Runcorn Cemetery where he is buried there is supposed to be 8 people, but unfortunately only his name and the name of his wife are on the Grave.
What I do know is that his father and 2 of his wives are also buried in there (the 2 being Martha and Mary Jane)

Kerrie
Fewtrell/Fentiman-Sussex
Halliwell-Westmoreland
Pickett/O'Connor-Ireland

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 15 December 04 15:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kerrie
             You do not say when James married Mary,or when Martha died, did it all happen before 1901? and what is the earliest definite census info you have for the families. You seem to have a definite birth date for James 1882 where did this information come from.
          To order a death certificate you must have a name, district and year at least, plus you can stipulate a informant, which is not always a husband or wife so you may be working against yourself by doing it, with a birth certificate you can order several that you think are possibles and stipulate you only want the one with a certain parents name.
          With cemetery burials it is normal for a family to purchase a plot,there would be a receipt issued and a copy kept by the cemetery authorities, each time a burial occurred there would be a charge and usually its receipted on the original plot papers. If you live in or near it would be worth your while pursuing this line.

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline kerrie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 15 December 04 15:39 GMT (UK) »
Peter, The date of birth that I have for James Jones came from one of his children (My Grandfather's sister)also my Aunt who started doing the tree about 10 years ago.

There are several James Jones' that I have found on the census 1871-1901 but I dont know which one is him.

I have no idea when James (the father) married any of his wives or when they died,all I can say is that Martha must've been the first one to be buried in the grave.

My Aunt has told me that the records for Runcorn Cemetery are held at Widnes Cemetery and that is how she discovered there is 8 people are buried there.

These are James(the father)and 2 of his wives
James(the son) and his wife Eleanor.
2 of James and Eleanors children who died young.
And a son in law of James and Eleanor who died young.
I do not know if James and his 3 wives had any more children except James' older brother Thomas.

It's complicated!!!

Kerrie
Fewtrell/Fentiman-Sussex
Halliwell-Westmoreland
Pickett/O'Connor-Ireland

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 15 December 04 15:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kerrie

If you have the names of all who are buried there-don't you have any dates?
What did James jnr and/or his dad do for a living.Sometimes that is one way to find out which family is which with a fairly common surname like Jones!

I'm sure Peter will winkle out 'your' James he's brilliant at this sort of thing ;)

Happy hunting,

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kerrie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 15 December 04 15:55 GMT (UK) »
I havent got any dates, the only ones I have is the deaths of the children of James jnr and the deaths of James jnr and his wife.

My Aunt doesnt know any more than I do regarding the dates of deaths or what they did for a living.

The trouble is none of the James Jones that I have found on the census' seem to fit!

Kerrie
Fewtrell/Fentiman-Sussex
Halliwell-Westmoreland
Pickett/O'Connor-Ireland