Author Topic: John Wilson born Wellington lookup  (Read 2737 times)

Offline baronfrankenstein

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
John Wilson born Wellington lookup
« on: Wednesday 15 December 04 21:01 GMT (UK) »
Further to my previous posting I now know that the name of John Wilson's father from Wellington was Joseph.
I have the marriage cert for John which gives his fathers name as Joseph, also Joseph is employed as a puddler on the cert. It shows John's age at the time of marriage in 1874 as 23. The residence of John at the time of marriage is Tinkersclough in Staffs, which is where the family moved to from Shropshire I think.
I would be grateful if someone could please check the census records to see if John appears anywhere as a child.

Many thanks

BF

Offline JEANP

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: John Wilson born Wellington lookup
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 05 February 05 17:07 GMT (UK) »
Could this be your famiy ?

1851 Dawley Census:
86, Horsehay Common
Benjamin Wilson Aged 5
John Wilson Aged 3
Joseph Wilson Aged 22 - Forgeman
Mary Wilson Aged 30
Rebecca Wilson Aged 6 month

Jean :-\
CENSUS INFORMATION IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM
WWW.NATIONALARCHIVES.GOV.UK

Researching my family in and around Kirriemuir, Angus and Rotherham, South Yorkshire.

Ogilvie/Ogilvy                 Lee
Mitchell                           Gwynne
Davidson                        Evans
Eggie                              Felvus
Leighton                         Rowley
Craig

Offline baronfrankenstein

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John Wilson born Wellington lookup
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 February 05 10:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the reply

This could fit, but I now have the birth certificate that I'm pretty sure is for my John and it gives his parents as Joseph Wilson and Eliza Dean, these parents aren't married and in fact get married a couple of years later (I have sent for this marriage certificate which should make interesting reading). Having said this, this is the first time I've seen a Joseph and a John that fits, on any census, so I will have to do a bit more research. Another interesting thing is that my Joseph appears on later census with two stepsons with the surname Dean, so it appears that Eliza had been in a relationship before.

Anyway, I am really grateful for this info and would appreciate any further ideas, as my brain is beginning to hurt.

Many many thanks

Best regards

BF