Author Topic: John Rivett (b.1813, Norfolk) and James Revett (b.1806, Kenninghall, Norfolk)  (Read 1234 times)

Offline mike04

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
I am trying to connect these two Rivett/Revett cousins or possibly brothers.

I believe the surname spelling changed to Revett when James Rivett emmigrated to the USA in 1824, to New York, then later to settle in DeKalb County, Indiana. John Rivett remained in England.

John Rivett was the father of a Mary Jane Rivett (b.1859 in Wimblington, Cambridgeshire) who is directly in my tree. I believe Mary Jane's mother was a Frances Hudson (Machin). John may have had a previous wife (Susan Nash) and family, they were possibly married in 1838.

James's parents were James Revett and Abigail Knight. I cannot link John to these parents, at least not yet.

Thanks

Mike

ps I would be happy to provide more information if required.

Mary Jane Rivett is the mother in the photo to the left.
Rivett, Barsley, Jackson, Birchall, Aldred, Rigby, Hudson, Machin, Revett, Knight

<br /><br /><br />Any Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline nevis51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John Rivett (b.1813, Norfolk) and James Revett (b.1806, Kenninghall, Norfolk)
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 March 09 10:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Have you any more info on Frances Hudson please.
My Hudsons all came from Swanton Morley in Norfolk,
Thanks,
Nevis
Hudson,Taylor,Reeve,Mepham,Huntley,Manning,Tobin,Cronin,Buckeridge,Vincent,Ruppersberg,Peploe

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
Re: John Rivett (b.1813, Norfolk) and James Revett (b.1806, Kenninghall, Norfolk)
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 March 09 23:26 GMT (UK) »
Have you looked at this site - it's run by two people - one is a man called Andrew Rivitt.  Apart from some excellent transcription work he has a lot of family stuff on there.

http://www.genealogy.doun.org/transcriptions/index.php

Christine

Offline nevis51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 05 March 09 13:40 GMT (UK) »

Thank you so much Christine, found all my hudsons and Reeves on there!
Thanks, where would we be without people like you.
Carol x :) :)

Have you looked at this site - it's run by two people - one is a man called Andrew Rivitt.  Apart from some excellent transcription work he has a lot of family stuff on there.

http://www.genealogy.doun.org/transcriptions/index.php

Christine
:)
Hudson,Taylor,Reeve,Mepham,Huntley,Manning,Tobin,Cronin,Buckeridge,Vincent,Ruppersberg,Peploe