Author Topic: Parish Records Uppingham - Trigg Completed  (Read 6896 times)

Offline crowboy97

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Parish Records Uppingham - Trigg
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 23 August 07 15:04 BST (UK) »
Laura

And wait there is more

I don't know if these are relevant to your research but located them in the Uppingham fiche.

James TRIGG widower married Elizabeth HUDSON spinster 29 January 1826.

Thomas TRIGG of the Parish of Easton in the County of Northamptonshire married Jane TRIGG of the Parish of Uppingham by Banns on 20 December 1823 (No. 123)

Crowboy
Langley (Rutland, Lancashire, Northamptonshire, Derbyshire, South Australia); Mallett, Mallet, Cowling, (Cornwall, South Australia, Victoria, Qld); Turner, Onyon (Lincolnshire); Harden, Hearden (Essex); Bradley (Lancashire); Palmer (Devonshire)

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LauraEJ

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parish Records Uppingham - Trigg *COMPLETED*
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 23 August 07 16:02 BST (UK) »
Hi again,

I don't know if they are related, but I think quite probably as Trigg isn't a very common name. Thanks once again, I have added them to my list of unplaced Triggs for the future.

laura  :)
Jones - Little Hinton, Wiltshire. Robinson - Rutland. Trigg - Uppingham, Rutland. Freeman - Rutland, Whitehouse - Birmingham, Chilman - Surrey Gloucs Leics.

Offline julie21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Parish Records Uppingham - Trigg *COMPLETED*
« Reply #11 on: Monday 26 November 07 00:24 GMT (UK) »
hello to all with the name Trigg in mind.. Any info that might have any connection with the info i have below would be helpful.
re my great great grandparents Thomas Trigg married ? lived at Adderley Street Walter Robarts yard uppingham, worked as  a groom.....whose son was Robert Holland Trigg, born c 1879 married Jane Cooper their children that are known about was Frederick Holland Trigg, Emma, George who died in the asylum. and Robert Holland.. from reading on here it might be that Thomas Trigg of castor married to Jane Trigg 1823 20th December, could well be the parents of my gt gt grandad or somewhere close to that. If any one can shed any light or possibilities to this, I can't wait to tell my mother who lives up the road at Oakham these days.
Thanks
julie

Offline LauraEJ

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Parish Records Uppingham - Trigg
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 04 December 07 16:25 GMT (UK) »
I replied privately to Julie as I was going to mention some living people. Crowboy has rightly suggested that I should also reply on here. So here it is (minus living people).

This is what I have on my GU tree - don't have access to my master copy as I am working away from home in the week. I may have more details for you at a later date.

Robert's father Thomas Trigg(1845)  married Mary Ward(c1843) from Great Easton.

Thomas's father was John Holland Trigg(1816 - 1906 Uppingham), who married Ann Walker from Manton

His father was Thomas Trigg(1793-1866 Uppingham), who married Elizabeth Stretton(1795 Uppingham)

His father was William Trigg(c1754-1825) died in Uppingham, not sure where he was born. He married Jane ?(c1760-1822)

I am indebted to a couple of other researchers on this website (Crowboy and Smudger28) for info on the 2 earliest Triggs in my tree. I am sure they would be happy to help you in any way they can.

John Holland Trigg was my gt gt grandfather - his son William was my great grandfather. William married a girl from Uppingham, and they moved to Oakham, where our branch remained.
Jones - Little Hinton, Wiltshire. Robinson - Rutland. Trigg - Uppingham, Rutland. Freeman - Rutland, Whitehouse - Birmingham, Chilman - Surrey Gloucs Leics.