Author Topic: COMPLETED - Daniel ODELL & Rebecca Marriage Mystery  (Read 10758 times)

Offline delta

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel ODELL & Rebecca Marriage Mystery
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 07 March 10 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello Adas
I was aware of this marriage between Benjamin Harwood and Elizabeth Howard but as it took place over a year after their first child was baptised in Watton at Stone on 12.8.1804 I had dismissed it.
If you look on the IGI (I use the familysearch website) you will find the baptisms for the children of William and Martha, Daniel and Susannah, and also of Benjamin and Elizabeth Harwood (Horwood).
Best wishes
Delta
All in Hertfordshire
Barrett
Crawley
Kefford
Jackson
Mardling
Odell
Pearman
Toms
Wallduck

Offline Ray09

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 07 November 10 10:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello Delta

Did you now that the Odells originated in Odle Bedfordshire! There is an Odell family website.
Hi, I also descend  from Richard Odell and Mary Wheeler of Pirton, via their son Thomas 1760 - 1822.  I was wondering how long the Odells had been living in Pirton.  Do you know how far back there are records of Odells living there>

All my Odells are from Pirton Herts and there are many more in Hitchin Herts. The Odells seem to have two things in common 1. they were mostly non-conformists and 2. by trade they seem to be Blacksmiths. Because they are non conformist they have wonderful biblical names. I have a Uriah, a Hezikiah, a Jeptha and a Daniel, unfortunately not yours I think. My great x4 grandparents Richard Odell and Mary Wheeler were married  11.1.1743/44 in Baldock  Herts not a million miles from Wadesmill. They had a son Daniel born 1753. Both Richard and Mary died in Pirton but I don't know where they were born

Any of this link in with your Odells?

Benzol

Offline behindthefrogs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • EDLIN
    • View Profile
Re: COMPLETED - Daniel ODELL & Rebecca Marriage Mystery
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 07 November 10 10:37 GMT (UK) »
My Winch family came from Pirton and the surrounding area and I have a number marriages to Odells within various family branches (see below for surnames).  For example:

Samuel Winch, born Q4 1847 St Ippollitts, married Martha Odell Q4 1868 (born c 1840 Graveley daughter of James and Mary Odell).  Samuel was a blacksmith living in Little Wymondley in 1881 and 1901.

David
Living in Berkshire from Northampton & Milton Keynes
DETAILS OF MY NAMES ARE IN SURNAME INTERESTS, LINK AT FOOT OF PAGE
Wilson, Higgs, Buswell, PARCELL, Matthews, TAMKIN, Seckington, Pates, Coupland, Webb, Arthur, MAYNARD, Caves, Norman, Winch, Culverhouse, Drakeley.
Johnson, Routledge, SHIRT, SAICH, Mills, SAUNDERS, EDLIN, Perry, Vickers, Pakeman, Griffiths, Marston, Turner, Child, Sheen, Gray, Woolhouse, Stevens, Batchelor
Census Info is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ajokay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 19:27 BST (UK) »
Hello all. I apologise for butting in on your thread, Delta!   ;D

I'm new here, because a Google search of 'Odell Blacksmiths Pirton' pointed me at the post from Benzol earlier in the thread, quoted below:

All my Odells are from Pirton Herts.

I have a Uriah, a Hezikiah, a Jeptha and a Daniel.

My great x4 grandparents Richard Odell and Mary Wheeler were married  11.1.1743/44 in Baldock, Herts.

Any of this link in with your Odells?

Benzol

All of the above link to my Odells. We share the same very great grandparents, Richard and Mary. I too have the unusual biblical names, and my ancestors were Blacksmiths in Pirton' some 250-ish(?) years ago.

I'm wondering how far back our branches of the Odell tree diverged?

cheers,
Ajokay

Offline Ray09

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 10 July 19 00:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Ajokay,
I am also descended from Richard Odell and Mary Wheeler, from their son Thomas Odell b. May 1760 d. 1 Dec 1822.
Best, Ray

Offline ajokay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 11 July 19 19:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Ajokay,
I am also descended from Richard Odell and Mary Wheeler, from their son Thomas Odell b. May 1760 d. 1 Dec 1822.
Best, Ray
And I from Thomas's older brother Robert, 1749-1805

Don't know why I'm surprised that somebody else replied, there will be many of us!

Ajokay

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 04 December 20 11:10 GMT (UK) »
Hello ajokay,

Welcome to RootsChat.

We have just heard back today from Delta's husband to say that sadly she has died.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk