Author Topic: 1851/61 look up please.  (Read 1707 times)

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1851/61 look up please.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 23 August 07 12:48 BST (UK) »
Ah Thank you Ricky,
I have not seen the actual census myself.
Someone found Ann Williams Rogers for me, with Mr & Mrs William's  ???

If you look at my post, "1861 look up please"You'll see the message there.

It was the Ann Williams Rogers I was interested in, I though the Williams were her grandparents.
Now they seem not to be Williams, I don't know what to think  ???

Thank you.

Pettsy
Petts in Hertfordshire,Chelsea & New Zealand.<br />Swift in Islington, Chelsea &  Battersea.<br />Cox in Chelsea.<br />Carter in Chelsea.<br />Little in Westminster, London.<br />Munn & McAulay in Duntocher, Scotland.<br />
Munn New Jersey and Oz
Dwyer, McManus & Kiernan in Ireland.<br />Turner in Shrewsbury.<br />Cannon in London.<br />Porter in London.<br />Kinner in Chelsea, London.<br />Le Breton

Offline ricky1

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 23 August 07 15:51 BST (UK) »
hi Pettsy

They are definitely not Williams, they might get it wrong on one census being transcribed but not on three of them. you can ask someone to double check if you like its no prob, better to be safe than sorry. But it is to much of a coincidence to have the same family in 1871/61/51 census down as Kilham or Killam.

ricky
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Harby,Garton,Drury,Duncombe,Booth,Catton,Barker, Kirkby, Wilson. Lincolnshire, <br />Also Murkin's, Jeffery,Pettitt,Carter, from Suffolk/Cambridgeshire boarder<br />Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 23 August 07 15:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Ricky,

No I trust your judgement, it is so close to Williams (Killam, I understand how it was read wrong.
I have done it myself in the past.  ::)

I will wait until I have the marr cert for Ann Williams, and see who her father is, then take it from there...

I will take a look at the census next week at the FRC.

Thanks for all your help and advice.

Pettsy
Petts in Hertfordshire,Chelsea & New Zealand.<br />Swift in Islington, Chelsea &  Battersea.<br />Cox in Chelsea.<br />Carter in Chelsea.<br />Little in Westminster, London.<br />Munn & McAulay in Duntocher, Scotland.<br />
Munn New Jersey and Oz
Dwyer, McManus & Kiernan in Ireland.<br />Turner in Shrewsbury.<br />Cannon in London.<br />Porter in London.<br />Kinner in Chelsea, London.<br />Le Breton