Author Topic: FARRIER Family - Worth - LU Request  (Read 8678 times)

Offline robbiedan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: FARRIER Family - Worth - LU Request
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 16 February 14 08:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello Robyn

I see your Farrier relative was Fanny. I have taken a break from transcibing Parish Records and looked through Worth records. It appears Fanny was the only child (baptised in Worth) of George & Sarah Farrier on 13/2/1859.
Her father, George Farrier was one of 13 children (I have names and dates if you want them) of William & Sarah Farrier. He was baptised 26/6/1825.
His father, William was baptised 17/10/1790, one 10 children of Edward & Ann (again names of children if you want them). Edward's parents were William & Ann and he was baptised 22/6/1766. William was not baptised in worth so it must be assumed he moved in from another parish.

Hope this is of interest

Kind Regards

AJ

The Farrier family I am descended from is William and Sarah, living at Blue Pigeons in 1841, aged 50 and 45 (1841 census).  Fanny Farrier was born in Oct 1858 at Deal, to John Farrier (son of William and Sarah) and Susannah Spicer.
Thank you for your information on William Farrier's father Edward and his father William.
Kind regards,
Robyn

Offline Gina75

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 23 November 14 16:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,
I've just started doing family research and came across this forum..I have some information which i got from
Faded Genes which features a story about my Great Grandmother's brother Frederick Thomas Chapman who was killed in action in 1918. Their mother was Ellen Farrier and her father Henry and his parents were William Farrier and his wife Sarah (Nee Love)
Would love to find out some more information about the family or hear from possible relations!

Kind regards

Georgina

Offline Gina75

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 23 November 14 22:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gerald, I can't reply for some reason. Thank you for your message! Is George Farrier the father of Fanny Darby (Farrier) and George would be Henry's brother? Or am i wrong?

Kind Regards

Gina

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 24 November 14 10:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gina and Gerald, welcome to RootsChat

Gina you would have been unable to reply to a private message until you had made 2 posts on RootsChat (which you have now made :))

Hi Gerald,

You had replied to your notification of a new message on RootsChat, to reply you need to click on the link and reply on RootsChat.

hi I am the great grandson of Fanny Darby (Nee Farrier)

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AJ100

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 24 November 14 15:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello Georgina

Frederick Thomas Chapman was baptised 3/6/1883 in Worth to Thomas Chandler Chapman and Ellen. There were 9 children altogether - I can give you their names and dates if you wish.
Their father, Thomas was initially a Publican and later a Limeburner, though still living at the Coach & Horses in Sholden. Possibly he combined the two occupation - not unheard of for a Publican.

Regards

AJ

Offline Gina75

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 24 November 14 20:47 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Sarah

Offline Gina75

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 24 November 14 20:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi AJ,

My Great Grandmother Minnie was a child of Thomas and Elen Chapman..I have found some information on faded Genes, which has all of the dates of birth and information about the Chapmans and Farriers..My mum always said that she thought her Great Grandmother Ellen was a Farrier and it has now been confirmed that she was and we were very surprised to find out the connection to the Blue Pigeons pub at Worth. Was William Farrier the first person to open the pub or was it his son?

Kind Regards

Gina

Offline Gina75

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 24 November 14 20:59 GMT (UK) »
I know they had a farm called the Blue Pigeons!?

Offline AJ100

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 25 November 14 14:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello Gina

According to a website devoted to the pubs of Kent, William Farrier the Elder was the first known licencee of the Blue Pigeons, dying in 1844. It then went to Thomas Farrier in 1869 then to Mrs Emily Farrier in 1900, thence to George Farrier in 1917.
The pub was, it seems originally the Rectory for the church opposite then became a pub named after a nearby farm.

Regards

AJ