Author Topic: Mary Ann TAYLOR  (Read 2986 times)

Offline bowes

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Ann TAYLOR
« on: Friday 31 August 07 13:59 BST (UK) »
I have found George Bowes Taylor in 1871 in Scotland.
His wife was not with him, nor was his son.
In 1861 George Bowes Taylor was in Ladhope as a boarder and then in 1871 he was possibly in Dumfries as a lodger.
Now, his wife was not with him in 1861 but she was with their son George Jefferson Taylor in Annan in 1871.  In 1871 she is shown as the head, which leads me to believe she was living with her son in 1871, perhaps to lend her support while he was a lawyers apprentice.  Maybe she was just there for a couple of days to help her son settle in.  Her husband at this stage was only 23 minutes away (about 26km) from them.  He was a book canvasser, and so he was probably a book salesman or hawker, going from place to place.
Could someone do a lookup for me for 1861 in Scotland for Mary Ann Taylor who was born about 1812.

Regards
Jackie

Offline kenjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: MARY ANN TAYLOR
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 06 September 07 07:13 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I hav found your mary Ann in the 1861census.

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

This is just 6.2 miles form Lanhope...

JO
Please acknowlege that you have read this!!
Pattillo, Connon, Shand, Mackie, Hickey, Brooks, Ryan.

Offline bowes

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann TAYLOR
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 September 07 07:27 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jo.  I wonder who the Y J Taylor is? Unless it is George Jefferson Taylor, the son, but the first initial was incorrectly transcribed.
Why would the father have lived a couple miles away?  Perhaps they were separated for a while?

Offline kenjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 06 September 07 07:35 BST (UK) »
Yes, I think it has been mistranscribed....and it is your George Jefferson..

re: the father......The distance  .and then boarding...probably is of convenience....it wasn't like jumping in a car and driving home....so he was probably boarding over night or a few nights...while he did his trading..
Jo

Pattillo, Connon, Shand, Mackie, Hickey, Brooks, Ryan.

Offline bowes

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 06 September 07 10:35 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jo, much appreciated.
Finally the pieces are falling into place. :)
Jackie