Author Topic: Large gaps between d.o.b. of a grandparent and one of his/her grandchildren.  (Read 16656 times)

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
Re: Large gaps between d.o.b. of a grandparent and one of his/her grandchildren.
« Reply #63 on: Monday 14 January 19 17:37 GMT (UK) »
I have a pretty unusual situation myself. My father was 63 at the time of my birth. When we recently found out he was adopted, things got a little crazy. Turns out his biological father was 53 at the time of his birth. That makes for a whopping 116 years between my biological grandfather and me.
Puts me down from 2nd to 3rd at 112 years (1828-1940) My young brother still leads at 117 years (1828-1945)
There were no adoptions in ours, just a very late 2nd marriage for my grandfather at 66
My grandfather was 71 when dad was born and Dad was 41 for me and 46 for my brother.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline CelticAnnie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Large gaps between d.o.b. of a grandparent and one of his/her grandchildren.
« Reply #64 on: Thursday 12 December 19 21:36 GMT (UK) »
I have a grandfather born in 1796 with his final grandson (who was my own grandfather) born in 1904, when grandson's father (who fathered 16 children in total) was 63!  So 108 years! 
PEPLOE/PEPLOW: Shropshire, Inverness
DAVIES: Inverness, Montgomeryshire, Ruabon
OWEN: Edinburgh, Aberystwyth, Middlesex, Essex, Kendal, Berwick, Montgomeryshire
TROLLOPE: Warwickshire, Middlesex
TAYLOR & McKAY: Montreal, Canada

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday 17 December 19 12:08 GMT (UK) »
My paternal name bearing great grandfather was b1798, his wife b1791. My 2xggm b1765. Her father b1703.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Thursday 19 December 19 02:06 GMT (UK) »
My great grandfather b 1850 jakobstadt I'm descended from his eldest son b1870
But the youngest daughter was born 1906
I think his youngest grandchild was born in 1940

Two of his granddaughters lived to be over a 100

I also have a photo of my Scots great grandparents in their late 90's meeting my newborn  sister !
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline Mobius

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday 22 November 23 01:22 GMT (UK) »
My youngest brother was born 98 years after the birth of our oldest grandparent.  Our paternal grandfather was born in 1919 and my youngest brother in 2017.  Our father had children over a 49-year period with multiple women (I myself was born in the 90s).

Online DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Saturday 25 November 23 01:30 GMT (UK) »
I have a relative who married a man 42 years her senior.  He was 80 when their only child was born and would have been 109 when, as far as I can tell, his only grandchild was born.

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Saturday 25 November 23 10:54 GMT (UK) »
My grandfather John Luffman was born 1828.i was b1940. My younger brother was b1945. 112years between my grandfather and myself. 117 years between him and my brother. A remarriage at 66 plus a latish (40+) marriage in the next generation makes a difference to the time line.

Online coombs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Research the dead....forget the living.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Saturday 25 November 23 13:07 GMT (UK) »
My ancestor born 1752 had a grandchild born 1860. John Boniface had his son George in 1794 and George wed his 2nd wife and they had their last child in 1860. George had his first child with his first wife in 1818 so 42 years between his eldest and youngest child. So the 2 half siblings were the same "generation" even if born 42 years apart, and the gap big enough for the 2 half siblings to be grandparent and grandchild.
Researching:

LONDON, Coombs, Roberts, Auber, Helsdon, Fradine, Morin, Goodacre
DORSET Coombs, Munday
NORFOLK Helsdon, Riches, Harbord, Budery
KENT Roberts, Goodacre
SUSSEX Walder, Boniface, Dinnage, Standen, Lee, Botten, Wickham, Jupp
SUFFOLK Titshall, Frost, Fairweather, Mayhew, Archer, Eade, Scarfe
DURHAM Stewart, Musgrave, Wilson, Forster
SCOTLAND Stewart in Selkirk
USA Musgrave, Saix
ESSEX Cornwell, Stock, Quilter, Lawrence, Whale, Clift
OXON Edgington, Smith, Inkpen, Snell, Batten, Brain

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Saturday 25 November 23 17:17 GMT (UK) »
I have at least one instance in mother's tree of a nephew marrying his aunt.Then, as now illegal. He was the son of the oldest of 10 children. 20 years or so later his aunt was born at around the same time.How it was allowed in a small village is unbelievable.