Author Topic: Crimeen or Crimens  (Read 3974 times)

Offline SouthAussie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Crimeen or Crimens
« on: Saturday 18 December 04 04:24 GMT (UK) »
Anyone with links to this family name?

My g-g-g- uncle William ELLERY married Mary CRIMEEN in 1854 at Port Adelaide, South Australia.
She and her sister, Bridget, were orphans and arrived in Adelaide in 1848.

Would like to know if there are any possible links to this family?
Ellery (Dorset), Ellery(Guernsey)
Brewer. Pettman (Kent)

Offline debbiehamilton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Crimeen or Crimens
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 March 05 00:40 GMT (UK) »

My g-g-g- uncle William ELLERY married Mary CRIMEEN in 1854 at Port Adelaide, South Australia.

8)

Offline chrissy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 March 05 01:06 GMT (UK) »
Good Morning All :)
    I have a -Bridget Crimans B 1835 Ireland,dtr of john McCarthy(error in official registration,surname should read Crimans) D Port Fairy1912,md 24/2/1851 Henry sherlock.
   This probably may not be your Bridget,But Hey!who knows!!!! :D   cheers chrissy.
Davidson,Payne/Paine-Dunoon/Glasgow/scotland,Sherlock-cheshire,king -female convict-7 years nsw,french-tasmania,sewell-hubbys side,O brien- Cochrane-guernsey-india .Morehouse-Kirkburton-yorkshire. Gippsland-davidson,flood,baker,rose.Chambers..Bungaree.Chambers ..county clare,Kane county clare.

Offline debbiehamilton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 06 March 05 02:34 GMT (UK) »
Good Morning All :)
    I have a -Bridget Crimans B 1835 Ireland,dtr of john McCarthy(error in official registration,surname should read Crimans) D Port Fairy1912,md 24/2/1851 Henry sherlock.
   This probably may not be your Bridget,But Hey!who knows!!!! :D   cheers chrissy.

Offline debbiehamilton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 06 March 05 02:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Crissy,
thankyou for your quick reply re my Crimeen lot.
My Bridget died in Sutton Grange in 1947. However she was a daughter of Catherine and George Harmon.
But because of various incorrect spellings of Crimeen, I shall keep your info on file.
Michael Crimeen did have a sister Bridget whom married a Martin Murphy at Sandhurst in 1854. They also settled at Sutton Grange Vic. I have just recently found another Bridget Crimeen in Adelaide. Must all be related.
Have a great day with your searching.
Debbie

Offline seeking0

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 03 January 19 02:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi. Did you ever get anywhere with this? William and Mary are my ancestors also. I am descended from their daughter Phoebe.

As regards their marriage, the only record I could find is "ELLERY William, adult, married CREMINS Mary, adult, on 1854-06-04 at St Patricks, Ade". I believe CREMINS is a misspelling. This comes from the FamilyHistorySA database available at familyhistorysa.org/births-marriages-deaths/marriages.html

I have slightly different arrival information for Mary Crimeen, from the State Library of SA database here slsa.sa.gov.au/BSA/1849Elgin.htm. I believe she and her sister are there under the name of CRIMMIN. Of course, this could be a different Mary Crimeen and yours could have arrived in 1848.

Also here. findagrave.com/memorial/100571059/mary-ellery You can tell it's her because of the "Crimeen" in one of her childrens' names. Whoever listed her children has left out Phoebe, my ancestor.

I couldn't find out much more about Mary Crimeen, and have nothing about her sister Bridget. The misspellings of the surname don't help, and neither does their being orphans I suspect.

Offline shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 12 February 19 01:58 GMT (UK) »
Do you have an apx idea of the birthdates for Mary & Bridget?

Have you searched on this site?

https://www.irishgenealogy.ie