Author Topic: Deddington PR / Oxford Marriage lookup please  (Read 3009 times)

Offline GILLY-UK

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Deddington PR / Oxford Marriage lookup please
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 02 October 07 18:22 BST (UK) »
Hi George,
Cheers for the reply. I will certainly check the registers of St Peters for your cousin.
I will be away on holiday for a couple of weeks so probably wont get chance before I go, but I will send you a message when I return and you can give me the details . Anything else you think of that I can help with just let me know.
I'll  take your advice and have a go at finding the likely area for my Chillingworth's to have been in
Thanks again, Ill be in touch in a few weeks
Gill

Offline Iban Kepala

• I have sadly retired researching my genealogy after 40 years
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Deddington PR / Oxford Marriage lookup please
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 02 October 07 18:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Gill,
Many thanks, as per usual the old grey cells let me down. it wasn't Peter after all. The parents apparently were James & Ellen (possibly maiden name of OUTRAM) and again  possibly came from and married in Edinburgh as Robert and James senior  have been found on the 1841 census stating that is where they were born.The information we have from Australia is - Children of Robert & Ellen - Robert Watson ch. 1821, St. Peter's Liverpool; Sarah c. 1822; James c.1823; Ellen c. 1823; John c. 1828; James c. 1828/9; William Pettygrew c. 1829; Elizabeth c. 1830; Ann c. 1832; George c. 1834; James c. 1837; Ellen c. 1939.
It appears that Robert (1821 above) married one Margaret Waddell WHITECROSS in Edinburgh 1843 and sailed off to Australia landing in Sydney 1844. Robert's brother James (1828/9) also went to Australia but no idea when apart from the fact that he was there by at least 1853.
Somewhat vague as per usual, however, no rush, have a good holiday and enjoy.
Regards,
George.